Finally the pictures ya'll waited for.

Daniel in Ak

This was just some of the country we scouted thru for possible stand loactions.
YukonRivertrip08039.jpg

YukonRivertrip08037.jpg

YukonRiverview-1.jpg

After settling on a few sites we have one that is just being pounded by umteen bears...and the trail cam pics wiht time reference made it so easy to count and time bears,definetly worth the money.

Anyhow like I said before Ive invited a couple soldiers out to get some bears before they deploy to Iraq,and here is Bear #1 down for the count.
This is Sgt.Coleman with his bear christianing my boat with a big ol hearty smile.
YukonRivertrip08024.jpg

Come on get in there and hold that bear with pride.
YukonRivertrip08026.jpg

There ya go.
YukonRivertrip08028.jpg

YukonRivertrip08025.jpg

This last picture is really just a close up of his nose.We have many bears with tan,to all black noses that Im trying to identify what bear is which.
YukonRivertrip08029.jpg

Bear #2 down for the count...

Next up we got off early for the week and headed North before anyone could change there minds and the next one to connect on a bear Was MArk my co-worker.
After geting to the Island we set up camp and I checked the time and told him we had time to get in before the bears did and put him and my stepson up in the stand and left.
By the time I settled in at camp and my head hit the pillow (no lie) BOOM! the silence is was all but gone wiht that rifle shot.I literally sat up slipped on the boots when the radio came on and all I heard was "Daniel,you there?"
reply; Yep!, Im on my way,I know you have abear down"
Mark: Yep! he's dead lying in front of the barrel.Give us 10 minutes.

I kid you not that shot was 52 minutes after I put them up,my step son saw his 1st bear come into a stand and thought that was cool.And now Mark had his 1st Yukon River Bear down.
Yep! the smile tells it all,and Im just as excited for them both.
IMGA0002-1.jpg

Gotta get some pics before the skinning.
IMGA0005.jpg

Man! my boat is getting a work out,and loving it.
IMGA0006.jpg

Nice older boar at 6 foot with a 17 inch skull,and molars wore down.
IMGA0008.jpg

Bear #3 down for the count...

Ok since we got up there early,I really wanted everyone to tag out before I could pick and choose at the bears.

So the bear count is now 2,we have a 5'6" bear down and a 6 footer,so with 2 more days before the other soldier was going to come up we had plenty of time to work shot bears and set up the other stand.

Well stand number 1 was un-approachable as the river dropped and we beached the boat on sand bars several times in vain.......all I could do was cuss into the wind,and head 15 miles back down river to camp.
Back at camp we talked about the situation and figured lets head across the river and get a bear.
After a 7 hour wait we figured the bears heard the boat and knew it did not leave,so we set up the cam and went back to camp for a 4 hour nap.
Nap was over at 7 am and back I went alone,as I peeked over the embankment I knew the stand was hit as the drum was 9 yards away under my stand and the bait pile was tore up.So I set it up a mite more threw some more bread and molasses down,and climbed the stand.
IMGA0001.jpg

3 hours later looking up and thinking to myself ,"where are the bears dangit"
IMGA0002.jpg

like a ghost this bruin shows up and my heart was about to bust out,my asthma started kicking in,cause my 1st Black bear was about to go down for the count.And then it happend.....

My dang rifle kicked my shoulder and that bear was laying there :)
IMGA0007.jpg

IMGA0010.jpg

IMGA0012.jpg

We haul the entire carcasses out of the field and take em to the Island to "Bloody Beach" as we call it,since the sand there is red with the gutting and skinning of the other bears.And this is just a few pictures on the boat before we move over to the beach.
IMGA0021.jpg

Yours truly with his 1st Blackie.A younger boar at 5'6" with a 16 inch skull.
IMGA0022.jpg

It got so hot out there at 72-76 degrees we left camp 2 days later Fri morning to head back to the landing and make a call to the wife to have the other soldier bring us some salt because Marks bear started to turn green on us because of the heat.

Bear #4 down for the count...

Well Spc (p) Moser shows up 10:30 that night with the salt and a smile just a ready to go.
So we head down river and by the time we get there,we had 8 hours till the bears started moving again,and Moser sets up tent and goes to sleep,so Mark and I Salt down both our bears and set up more of the camp,and get things ready for the morning.
Well 4 am comes and us with no sleep we get Moser up and haul him over to the stand,and before I leave I tell him he'll have his 1st bear down before noon.
Three hours later as Im working on skulls,BOOM! his rifle barks and like Flash Gordon Im running for the boat and Marks is like nah!

I find the radio and start the boat up and Mark and my stepson realize Im serious Im headed over,when Moser comes over the radio whisper like.....

"Bear down in front of the drum,come get me and bring cameras"
As Im setting up Moser for pictures the cam took this one ha! we where so excited we forgot to turn it off.
MDGC0006.jpg

Im just tickled pink we actually tagged out 100% on bears for our 1st baiting season in a new area.
MDGC0011.jpg

Specialst Moser with his 1st bear,man how cool is that?
MDGC0014.jpg

Im just excited to see everyone tag out and happy with they got bears.
Even tho I told Moser to wait till noon really for the bigger bear he settled on this young sow four and half to 5 foot.
MDGC0018.jpg

And do you know as we went to Bloody Beach,I was so excited for him that I gutted his bear and skinned it for him so he could enjoy his time out there.Now a few hours later after all this was done,we went back to re-bait
and a bear or bears tore up the site again,I looked at Moser and gave him that look,and all he said was he was happy with one bear for now.

Maybe Ill head back this weekened with the wife and boys? Daniel

Cool cool.

How about some specs on that boat? Engine, size, what abut that crazy soft top etc?

specs you say hmmm!
Well she'll go in less than ankle deep water on step,Ive had it skipping rocks,but as long as its wet that boat goes.Only an air boat goes further :)

Anyhow its a Phantom Sport Jon boat 200 hoorses on a v6,she's a 21 footer and empty I can get er up to 45-47 miles an hour.IM not a boat guy so I dont know what else to tell you 'cept to go here where I bought it and you have got to check out to footage,thats all I got to say about that.
http://www.compeaus.com/

And thanks for the cool cool!

Mighty nice of you to take care of the GIs like that. Well done. Any pit stops made to Hilltop?

Dan's the man! Holy Smokes, dude! You are one heck of a bear guide! Great job and thanks for taking care of the soldiers. You are A-1 in my book!!!

I dont even know where to begin...

So first off I just want to thank you all for the nice replies,THANKS!

And yes we stopped every time we headed North at Hilltop to top off on fuel and eat a last great big ol meal.Always went to camp still stuffed from eating there Ovis.

Daniel

That stuff will clog your arteries if you aren't careful, Daniel.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back