Caribou Gear Tarp

Finally did it

Boy, I don't know. I won this nice new 3.5" pump gun at a RMEF banquet. STILL brand new in the box. At least I think I have the box... Sure would hate to go through life without trying it out! ;)

Boy, I don't know. I won this nice new 3.5" pump gun at a RMEF banquet. STILL brand new in the box. At least I think I have the box... Sure would hate to go through life without trying it out! ;)
Before wasting the money for a box, borrow a 3.5 inch shell and try it in that pump. Ouch! Better stick with 3 inchers.

I hunted geese for years laying on the ground. Cold never bothered me. But I also work outside everyday. Now I'm tired of being cold by the weekend. Sold all my decoys.
A non heated pit with a chair sounds pretty plush.
Good work.
Hope you get fresh geese that don't remember, over and over.

I hunted geese for years laying on the ground. Cold never bothered me. But I also work outside everyday. Now I'm tired of being cold by the weekend. Sold all my decoys.
A non heated pit with a chair sounds pretty plush.
Good work.
Hope you get fresh geese that don't remember, over and over.
My cousins run a lot of cattle on the farm. So they typically mow and bale all the stalks for bedding and fall plow. It leaves pretty much nothing to hide a layout in. I don't mind the layouts much but it's near impossible to hide them there. This pit is about 1/4 to 1/2 mile between two of the biggest roosts in the county, so I usually only hunt it when we have a fresh push of birds.

Last edited:
We may just have to meet up and kill a few things. Maybe do some BBQing as well. We'll see how the summer goes.

Neat idea for a pit blind. 3 questions, where do I sit? Do I need to bring my own heater? And which pit cooks breakfast?
I sit next to the dog, so you can wrestle my brother for any of the other 3 spots. (Think bud bundy, you can take him). I usually make 3 meat breakfast burritos the night before then just heat em up on the jet boil. Although the farm in the background of the one pic is my grandma's and the farm lane comes right past the pit. She makes some pretty mean German pancakes, so we got that going for us.

Last edited:
My cousins run a lot of cattle on the farm. So they typically mow and bale all the stalks for bedding and fall plow. It leaves pretty much nothing to hide a layout in. I don't mind the layouts much but it's near impossible to hide them there. This pit is about 1/4 to 1/2 mile between to of the biggest roosts in the county, so I usually only hunt it when we have a fresh push of birds.
I like it. Nice you have a regular place to post up. I was always on the move trying to get permission to hunt fields that geese were locked in on ...before someone else screwed with them. It was usually smaller flocks, so if you shot at them they usually wouldn't come back.

I like it. Nice you have a regular place to post up. I was always on the move trying to get permission to hunt fields that geese were locked in on ...before someone else screwed with them. It was usually smaller flocks, so if you shot at them they usually wouldn't come back.
It helps but the pressure has gotten insane. Every other 80 acre piece in that section is leased. There is a different group hunting every field every day. My only advantage is hunting less so to speak.

It helps but the pressure has gotten insane. Every other 80 acre piece in that section is leased. There is a different group hunting every field every day. My only advantage is hunting less so to speak.
I hear you. Doesn't sound like a slam dunk....especially with idiots sky blazing.

I should get back in to it. Shooting field geese is insanely fun. I kept all my duck decoys but then my best waters were bought up by Texans.
And that was that.

5.5 feet sub grade so the floor will be 1' higher for any runoff from a heavy rain. So where your standing is. 4.5' deep floors will be able to be adjusted depending on your height, I'm 6'2".
I’m right at 6’2” as well. If you need me to stand in one while you are in the other just to make sure everything is about even I sure can

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back