Finally did it

Wow how cool is that. I wish I could do that where I hunt. It is a pasture with a creek running through it. The corrals, a great hide are 45 yards from the creek. Last year the farmer left a cow back scratcher deal about 25 yards from the creek. After cows left I draped it in burlap and carpeted the ground and it was cozy for me and my dog. I am jealous that will be a great hide. Good luck next year.

Been talking about putting in a pit blind for years. Couldn't spend that kind of money on steel or concrete and well we all know about the price of lumber. Got some dual wall pipe for free from work. 4 man pit, 5th hole is shallow for the dog. Just gotta finish the lids, long time coming for this, can't wait to try it out.

View attachment 217327View attachment 217328View attachment 217329View attachment 217330View attachment 217331
please leave a few sticks or boards in them to give all the small creatures that fall in, a way out.
Hope they have good drainage.

Dont worry about the mice @BrentD , I'll be putting covers in them soon enough
Worry about snakes. I can recall a few times we’d be building blinds on the Mississippi River and there’d be huge water snakes in them. Usually by the season it was cold enough and we didn’t have that problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back