Filling the freezer

Congrats on filling the Freezer Oak!
cool.gif

You forgot to smile
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

WTG Oak. Not only did you forget to smile but you forgot to wear your Hunt Talk hat.
wink.gif

Congrats on the elk and thanks for the pics.

Oak,

Was she a "dry cow"? As we all know that a good cow hunter will pick out the dry ones, as they are the best eating....
rolleyes.gif
But congrats on the "lead cow", always important to whack that one....
wink.gif

And even better, I like to see the chest shot. It kills me to read people trying to shoot head shots and neck shots..... I am glad somebody knows how to anchor an Elk, and keep her where you want her.
smile.gif
elkgrin.gif

Kudos to you!!!

Oak, Congratulations! And I was thinking the same thing about the lung shot when I saw the picture. How far from the road were ya? We all know a good cow hunter will always get them uphill from the road and real close to it!
biggrin.gif

Since I didn't manage to find a legal bull in the two days I had to hunt earlier this fall, I went out and filled the freezer earlier this week. She was the lead cow, she'll taste great, and you can't eat the horns anyway.
wink.gif
tongue.gif

2003_elk.jpg

To give you an idea of the type of country I was hunting...

2003_elk_II.jpg

Oak

Good work Oak, way to fill the freezer. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I didn't manage to find a legal bull in the two days I had to hunt earlier this fall <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Two days
confused.gif
wink.gif
Come on man, you gotta get out a little more.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the pics.

CO:

Congratulations on a successful hunt.

Over the years I have taken twice as many cows as bulls. I would like to take a cow every year and I have had a bull tag and a cow tag every year for ten years. But I have filled only one cow tag and 5 bull tags since 1998. Maybe the cows have gotten wise to me.

That looks like rugged country. I hope you didn't have to hawl that cow uphill. Where abouts were you hunting?

KC
cool.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back