PEAX Equipment

Filled: Collapsible Camp Stoves for HT Members.

Sytes

<Edit added> filled +1 if time permits. Maybe later I'll knock out a few more, so long as it stays enjoyable. Thanks all!

I'm crafting a few of these with some added benefits from feedback and personal experience. Not titanium. These are steel.

Cost + a tad extra - say, $100 total does not include shipping (No shipping if in NW MT to p/u). Max three will be built for HT members that have been with HT around two years + and a few posts to show for it. These are not for resale, please.

They're great for animal pack treks and vehicle base camp settings. Approx 35#'s.
They hold heat a good amount of time.

Anyhow, I recently had a HT member ask and figure it's worth crafting up a few. It's my winter hobby fun.

Send a PM or post here.

These are some old pics though same concept. The picture of one in action is still running to this day.

Last edited:
Two of three. Pm or post. One more and off to p/u the material.
This will be a nice diversion from the usual snow plow welding frustrations. Haha!

Very cool and great of you to offer them up!
We are not in need but would like to try one out, maybe next year of you make any more. We do have more than one wall tent and with different sized stove jacks.
Your fabrication skills are impressive.

Anyone in the know or have used a stove with 22 gauge steel for a wall tent camp stove? I believe it should maintain it's integrity though never ran oven heat (They can get pretty hot inside) within 22g steel walls. Possible warping?

I'm looking at cutting a fair amount of weight (for animal packing aspect) and will still use 18g for the bottom though picked up 22g for the front/back/sides and top. I believe it will work fine so long as I keep the bottom plate as 18g.

Also, picked up a bending break 30" as I want to remove the majority of the framing weight use of 1/8x1 angle iron by replacing with framing via bending the walls/top and bottom edges 1".
If this works - will be a dramatic weight improvement with a minor loss of size (2" off dimensions). However, before running full speed ahead, thought I would toss this thought process out there for any input.

Well all I can say is, Holy horse chit! Working between 1/8 angle, 18g and this evil 22g has made this quite the learning series of episodes! I feel as though I've mastered keyhole welding, and I can buy my lunch a few times over with the coin jar for swear words! Haha! Humor (somewhat) though it's been a challenge.

I've not placed near the time as I'm a stay at home , home schooling public school online - (having to learn again or a-new to help teach) dad during this COVID-19 deal and a few times I may have wished the project(s) were not sitting on my welding table.

I want to start welding my aluminum framed cycle trailer. Wife says I'm overly analytical and my OCD (wife humor, I think) comes full swing w/ projects so I'm keeping the stove(s) on the table to get these wrapped up.

Anyhow, ugly as this may look in its rough form, a pic as I sit for lunch wondering wth I was thinking trying to lighten these w/ 22g and bending edges... Haha!

IMG_20200426_120513.jpg

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back