Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Few more trail cam pics

drahthaar

Got a few more pics of the bulls coming onto my friends property here in the valley. Sure wish they would stick around and shed those antlers, but undoubtedly, just like every year, they will start back up the mountain around or before easter and drop them up in the brush somewhere. But its good knowing these boys are up there somewhere, and may be even bigger!!

bustedup.jpg

straitbrow.jpg

strait6.jpg

bigboy.jpg

Looks like reason enough to hit the mountain hard next year.Always enjoy your pics.

Cool stuff. Their bodies look in remarkably good shape for this time of year.

Yeah they are mooching some hay from his cows, so they are getting some good nutrition. There is no sign of predators anywhere, so they are pretty much just chill. There is only 5 bulls, and a couple whitie does. The bulls sneak in at night. They seem to be making a big loop around the area, but always show up back on the ranch. My friend has talked to the other landowners in the area, nobody else is seeing this group, they are pretty wylie.

The elk up in the park looked good as well though too. It was a pretty good winter up until the past few weeks, now its piling on and the forecast just shows more and more, dang!!

My sister lives out on Columbia Falls stage. They got a heard of about 40 that has been making a loop in the area. Now here is the crazy part. They have been pushed away from the river due to 4 wolves. I guess there was a write up in the interlake about it a while back. Just out of curiosity what general are is your buddies ranch? Just curious were other elk are wintering at in the valley. You never really used to see very many until the snow got really deep. Now it seems that they are everywhere.

East Valley. There was 40 hanging on Kaufmans and going out to eat the winter wheat, 15 split off and went elsewhere, now I only see the 25 or so. Have heard about that pack of wolves chasing those elk around. I think those wolves are pounding the deer more than anything. I know someone that has river property off C Falls stage. Maybe i will see if I can put a some cams over there in the river bottom.

It breaks the winter blahs for me for sure. All the snowshoeing I've done this winter, I have yet to find 1 stinking carcass to put a cam on and maybe get some good predator pics, figure that one out.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back