Few bird pics

mtmiller

A good friend of mine is quite the photographer, so I will post some of my pics before you are able to see what a real photographer was able to capture. At least I assume he may throw up a shot or two at MM.:D

Light was pretty crappy the first morning and this was the first time I had ever used an SLR. I learned a lot, but have a long ways to go.

Here is one of the fellas.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__1___large.jpg

Couple from this morning.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__5___large.jpg

Now this is some pressure.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__7___large.jpg

Another angle.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__15___large.jpg

A little bigger on this guy.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__14___large.jpg

These guys were sizing each other up.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__28___large.jpg

Going at it.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__25___large.jpg

Testing his reach.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__24___large.jpg

The wind up.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__23___large.jpg

He sends a haymaker with the right.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__22___large.jpg

In the end they hug.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__27___large.jpg

Apparently I was not the only one watching the show.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__33___large.jpg

Enough f'ing and fightin', I'm outta here.

cmiller_grouse_4_11_2009__large.jpg

Great pics, how are your lek numbers doing this year? Gotta love watching them fight.

Great pics Miller. Those birds are so unique. Any predator control after the pics were taken? :D

Thanks guys.

Great pics, how are your lek numbers doing this year? Gotta love watching them fight.

So far I am very happy with numbers. I have a couple leks that are already at the highest male count I have seen in the last 4 years. Prior that, no one was taking reliable counts.

Very cool Miller. Gotta love your job.

Thanks for sharing.

Bummer, I am not allowed to work weekends, so I had to burn my own fuel and the pay sucks.:D

Great pics Miller. Those birds are so unique. Any predator control after the pics were taken? :D

I tossed a 22 in the pick up, but it was back at the tent when we were "working". He was allowed to live another day.:D

well done MT

hey craig, those are great shots! I'd hate to see what you could have done if I had turned over my cameras to you! I better get my azz back to shooting before you quite your day job and put me out of business!

Well done my friend! Great time, great fun, I cant wait to do it again!

Tony

Very nice!! I need to try to get my wife's SLR from her and give that a go. Glad to hear bird numbers are doing well. Just make sure you get that in the most recent data call... ;)

PS- Anyone done the digiscoping thing?

Back