Caribou Gear Tarp

Favorite Whisky(ey), Bourbon, Scotch, Gin, Cigar, Pipe Tobacco, etc

Some really good adult beverages listed on the thread. And yes the aroma from pipe can be just as enjoyable as the aroma from a cigar when setting around a campfire.

Thank you gentlemen for adding your cigar choices along with your adult drink preferences. some posts brought back fond memories as my grandfather and father enjoyed a pipe, but my husband preferred a good cigar.

Also, I jumped back on not just to thank you but to say that someone finally realized that in my first post, I listed something that "smells" like Brandy and cigars ;) I thought someone would mention it sooner, but since someone now has. The Tragedy of Lord George, is a mans cologne that has different scents and different spray heads. The one that smells like brandy and cigars has a Red Stag on it--others have a Lion head, Rhino head, Bull head, and then also some cat, duck heads for the women and of course the scent in those bottles are a bit different;)

I also edited my first post to thank both the op and others for adding cigars and pipes--thank you

I did have a few glasses of the cocktail called "moose milk" when in college but no hard liquor for me.

males in the family drink Caribou crossing and they smoke correnti cigars.

How many others have had cocktails with "interesting" names ? Some of the mixed drinks at bars when in college had sexual names, animals names,

some of the names were pretty far out there and I have no idea what was in them

I don't drink, mostly for the health and safety of those around me - but more cigar talk!

I'm working my way through a box of Illusione #2 right now. Great smoke. Also like their 888, and Haute 10 when I'm feeling fancy.

My buddies and I really like crown peach. Only can get it if lucky for 1 day a year in ohio. When I go to Colorado I bring back some and some batch 19. Only can get that beer in Colorado and Wisconsin.20201001_012750.jpg

Thank you gentlemen for adding your cigar choices along with your adult drink preferences. some posts brought back fond memories as my grandfather and father enjoyed a pipe, but my husband preferred a good cigar.
Smell seems to catalog memories for humans and most all animals, it seems. For me, it reaches back to the days on my uncle's deck. His pipe tobacco smelled amazing! Brings back memories of his cowboy stories then send my cousin and I off to see who could catch the largest frog. His way to have his own time, I would imagine. :)

Almost wonder if I had such great memories from those moments, if my thoughts of the smell are significantly enhanced. Up until '12, except maybe an occasion or two since, I smoked my pipe around the fire. Never had the same aroma as memory serves. Enjoyable though far from the same.

Olfactory recall is one of the strongest ties to long lost memories in our brain.

Everyone's body chemistry is different, and that affects how Bourbon, and tobacco taste to you.

One guys great cigar is another's dog turd.

Like what you like.

If I’m on a budget, Larceny bourbon is great at <$25.

Mid grade - Basil Hayden

If I’m splurging or celebrating - Whistle Pig, Jefferson Ocean, or Michter’s

Beer - IPAs all day - Stone IPA, Bell’s Two Hearted, Dale’s Pale Ale, Ballast Point Sculpin; Pliney the Elder or Heady Topper if I can get my hands on it.

If I’m on a budget, Larceny bourbon is great at <$25.

Mid grade - Basil Hayden

If I’m splurging or celebrating - Whistle Pig, Jefferson Ocean, or Michter’s

Beer - IPAs all day - Stone IPA, Bell’s Two Hearted, Dale’s Pale Ale, Ballast Point Sculpin; Pliney the Elder or Heady Topper if I can get my hands on it.
Like your beer list! Grapefruit Sculpin might be the best beer I’ve ever tasted.

For me, Buffalo Trace(hard to find in Va)
My daughter found a bottle of EH Taylor; pricey, but very smooth!

Nothing wrong with Crown and coke either.

i discovered recently, a la a favorite restaurant of mine in wyoming, my new favorite cocktail

it's just an old fashioned then topped off with like a .5 oz of laphroaig 10

I'll drink an occasional lite beer after trap league or sporting clays. Usually it's Coors Lite because it tastes like crap. I learned a long time ago that I have a weakness for cold beer. Love the stuff (except stout or other heavy dark crap). But beer doesn't love me so much. It's a depressant and I have an ongoing battle with that for the last decade since losing my wife and son. Also more than one or two beers and my metabolism goes hyper. I'm up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. So I drink Coors Lite because I know I won't drink too much. Not sure anyone with functioning taste buds can. I could sure get hooked on Michelobe (sp?) Ultra. Great taste ... but pricetag is a helluva deterrent.

Smoking is not for me. I spent a good part of my youth in smoky bars that would leave me gasping for air after a short round of jitterbugging with my wife. Thankfully I survived unscathed ... and unaddicted. Wonderful to not have to deal with that crap in public places any longer. About a hundred years too late!

Used to drink a lot of whisky but I completely switched over to Ciroc vodka. Distilled from grapes and runs through super clean, rarely a headache the next day.

So... connoisseurs, how would this blind taste pan out for you?

Our lineup is as follows:

$200 bottles

• The Dalmore 18
  • The Balvenie Portwood 21
  • Glendronach Allardice 18
  • Glenmorangie Signet
$60 bottles

• Craigellachie 13
  • Aberlour 12
  • Glenfiddich 14
  • Glen Scotia Double Cask
Let the blind tasting commence!

So... connoisseurs, how would this blind taste pan out for you?

Our lineup is as follows:

$200 bottles

• The Dalmore 18
  • The Balvenie Portwood 21
  • Glendronach Allardice 18
  • Glenmorangie Signet
$60 bottles

• Craigellachie 13
  • Aberlour 12
  • Glenfiddich 14
  • Glen Scotia Double Cask
Let the blind tasting commence!