Caribou Gear

Favorite Whisky(ey), Bourbon, Scotch, Gin, Cigar, Pipe Tobacco, etc

Sytes

Title edited for the smoke side R&R.

Becherovka, Iceland's Reyka Vodka, Four Roses Bourbon, knob Creek on and on to the JD, JB, Southern Comfort and yep - Jameson Irish Whiskey.

I have a plastic flask that's tipped occasionally while on the mountains. Not refilled in several years. Jameson 18 year Whiskey. Now, 18 + 4‐6 year plastic flask infused / sealed ;) It tastes just as good.

I'm not an aficionado of the sipping spirit. In fact, last sip was restaurant neat best whisky / whiskey... how did Quayle spell potat...?
They served me a Japanese Whisk... Yamazaki neat. Sheesh sipping dollar bills at a time! It was good though really... wtf defines good? Hah!
Don't think I'll replace my flask any time soon.

Favorites?

Last edited:
these are the staple whisk(e)ys on my liquor cart. there are many others, but these are the staples

generally i have to avoid buying auchentoshan because i blow through it in like a week
1623686464111.png1623686508469.png

1623686565234.png1623686671088.png

Henry McHenna Bourbon, Angel's Envy, High West American Prairie Bourbon
Bulleit Rye
Dry Fly Gin
Espolon Blanco Tequila

I have several bottles of Crown that I got as gifts the last few Christmas' and it's the stuff I put out for mixers at gatherings...personally I'd rather drink the water from Roundup than that stuff

Last edited:
Bourbon/whiskey - Wyoming Whiskey, Tin Cup, Four Roses Small batch are staples. Honorable mention goes to Crown and Jameson.
Scotch - Glenlivet and Glenfiddich
Vodka - Belvedere, Stoli, Boyd & Blair (local)
Tequila - no bueno

Laphroaig tastes like you took a leather wallet, soaked it in rubbing alcohol, then wiped out the inside of a used ash tray

definitely. there are many ways to interpret its complex flavors. though i'd say it's more like going down to the gas pump and getting a mixture of diesel and unleaded 85 with a sprinkle of iodine and sea salt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back