Favorite Whisky(ey), Bourbon, Scotch, Gin, Cigar, Pipe Tobacco, etc

Scotch and cigars and an occasional off color comment.
My Maduro Arturo Fuentes seemed my cigar or Churchill for the lighter side.

Interesting enough, I followed my uncle's lead with a pipe and prime choices of tobacco.
Interesting part... as a kid on the deck overlooking his ranch, the tobacco smell was amazing! Loved being on the deck with him for that reason.
When I smoke a pipe, it's nice nostalgia... though a far cry from the smell / enjoy from MT childhood days.
I've not smoked my pipe in several years... though each time I run through the hunt/camp bins... I hold the pipe pouch and ponder taking or not. 30 years ago my brother and I purchased pipes for each other. Made more of a personalized touch to our pipe.

As for cigars, I'm a macanudo man. If I want something a little stronger it's a Rocky Patel sun made.
I partake in Evan Williams whiskey. It's just as good as jack for half the price. Vodka is usually my drink of choice and that is usually Skol.
I usually have a travel mug of Pendleton in elk camp that I carry around for good luck and congrats among the hunters.

Last edited:
Enjoying this thread, seems like I have a few new things to try.

Recently for me it’s been Monkey Shoulder, Basil Hayden, and Laphroaig 10.

Eagle Rare and bib & tucker 12yr when I can find it, bulleit or knob creek rye when I can’t. For a cheaper everyday whiskey I’ve been fond of Larceny. But variety is spice of life. Everyone should have a cabinet full.

Attachments

• C466611F-4CFE-46CD-A019-B8E94E60DB86.jpeg
    C466611F-4CFE-46CD-A019-B8E94E60DB86.jpeg
    880.2 KB · Views: 10
I wish the Montana Legislature would relax our liquor laws and allow Costco to give me great deals on brown booze but instead they just try and kill all the elk.

Colorado finally relaxed theirs, such that grocery stores could sell beer.

but for whatever reason only a handful Costco’s in CO offer Kirkland liquor and beer products. I’m not sure why. But nearly all of them have an attached liquor store offering good deals 👌🏻

I like the slogan " Every man is a King , and for every King a CROWN ".
Maker's Mark is right up there too.

Mostly a wine and beer guy. Wine I love tons but especially New Zealand ‘savvy bees’, malbecs from Argentina and Chilean carmeneres.
Beer: sorry to everyone outside of Wisconsin as New Glarus only sells here
Hard stuff: casamigos tequila, Makers Mark

Ahh I do enjoy a backwoods cigar.

frankly I’m not man enough for real cigars. Pretended to enjoy them plenty, but never actually have

I celebrated my new job last year with glenlivit 18 year and a Padron 1926 maduro

my go to bourbon is weller special reserve and learcny

my go to smoke is anything Drew estate and maduro

I’m a 3 fingers of Gentleman’s Jack or Willet Reserve over ice with a Fuentes dark manduro wrapped short story cigar or LaGloria Dark Manduro Wrapper in a 56 ring. One of my go too’s In the kill pack. Flask of willet and two cigars. Sit next to the havalons and game bags :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back