Favorite Sport, Team or Player ( More isolation conversation )

Cowboys - Troy Aikman
Longhorns - Vince Young
TX Rangers - Pudge Rodriquez

Coached kids' youth baseball, basketball, softball, and football teams. Those are really my favorite!

College football - Ohio State Buckeyes. This is about the only sports I still watch.

Being from Ohio originally and moving to Montana I’ve slowly faded how much I follow sports.

The LeBron era cavs (1st and 2nd time) were a great ride with the second time being truly special with 4 consecutive trips to the finals and the biggest comeback win. Sure I wish things ended differently but it’s Cleveland and I’ve learned to expect as much.

Used to be baseball. Played H.S. not in college & coached Church T-ball and Babe Ruth League.

My current active sport: I enjoy Golf. One perfect sounding *ping off the iron or driver out of 18 holes and I'm excited to spend more money to be flogged again. But that perfect swing, sound and placement make it well worth it.

Watching... NFL. Favorite team was 49ers from Montana, Rice, Taylor days on until the franchise buckled to a whimpering benched kneeling QB who promoted pigs in cop uniforms / Nike socks, and kneeling. That's when enough was enough. I'm a team person and off to Jerry Jones, Cowgirls I now support. Jones has been a valuable supporter of those who enter public service, place life on the line to protect the innocent from the criminals.
/Off soapbox.
I enjoy Prescott. Not the greatest though far from the worst.

I enjoy just about all sports. Not really an NBA fan probably because I was a terrible basketball player in the youth church days. Haha!

I even enjoy fast cars that turn left hundreds of times! Even gone to several races... as a kid, my cousin and I listened to <***> speedway while in our bunk beds when my uncle wasn't able to take us. Far enough away though close enough to hear the suttle rumbles!

Guess that's about it.

Another great thread, Europe. Thanks. 🙂

We are a pretty sport addled family. My favorite is watching my boys play! Most all year we are at a gym/ballpark/football field chasing the boys, especially the oldest that plays 3 sports (football, baseball, basketball) at the travel level. Little brother plays basketball and baseball. Very, very much am missing watching the boys play baseball this spring and hope we get to do some baseball this summer. Would it be summer without baseball???

I love watching football and prefer College (Fighting Irish!) over NFL, but will watch just about any/all I can. Same way with baseball (St. Louis Cardinals). Basketball, I grew up in Indiana when Bobby Knight was more important than the governor, but I rarely watch the NBA, but dig watching college basketball.

I have coached football, baseball, basketball, and wrestling.

Always been a huge LA Dodger fan. Kirk Gibson was one of my favorites because of his toughness( not to mention his walkoff homerun in the World Series) . Just a true winner. Pitchers I loved Sandy Koufax.
Love college football and Like the Boise State Broncos and Texas Longhorns. Pro football was way better before they became a bunch of sissies

Great responses, thanks to all who posted. It is not surprising that many of you played and/or coached . Congratulations

Sytes ==thank you----and "fast cars that turn left hundreds of times" ---me too--(-;

Our discussion here morphed into the greatest sports dynasty . I said to my knowledge nobody has as many championships as the Celtics ( oh and by the way Randi, that guy Russel whom you dont know has 11 championship rings (-: )

BUT--Hockey: Canadians and oilers----Basketball: Celtics, Lakers ( Bulls had several in a row also ) Baseball: Reds, Athletics and Yankees all had nice runs

But, Football: Best ever---you guys tell me---Green Bay, Patriots, Cowboys, Steelers, 49.s all had good runs.

Mens College. UCLA Basketball and USC Baseball comes to mind Football--maybe Oklahoma ? sure as hell not Arizona )-:

Women college is pretty easy: N.C. Tarheels, Soccer

thanks again, enjoyed reading your posts

Always been a huge LA Dodger fan. Kirk Gibson was one of my favorites because of his toughness( not to mention his walkoff homerun in the World Series) . Just a true winner. Pitchers I loved Sandy Koufax.
Love college football and Like the Boise State Broncos and Texas Longhorns. Pro football was way better before they became a bunch of sissies
Steve Sax, Ron Sey, Feeeerando Valenzuela! Dodger Dogs!

Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win…

I like watching my broncos, and the playoffs and super bowl

I really enjoy watching professional cycling, hard to find anything other than the grand tours on tv though

that’s really about it, not a lot of live sports on Netflix or Hulu anyway

Sytes,

That All Star infield of Sax, Cey and Garvey all came off the Albuquerque Dukes when they were still the Dukes. A great minor league baseball team.

I notice some of you mentioning sporting events.

What is your favorite sport to watch---football, Baseball, Basketball, Track, soccer, volleyball , Rugby, Hockey, Golf , Tennis , --other---

you enjoy watching your favorite sport played at the College or Professional level, or both ?

Favorite team you follow or person if Golf, Tennis, ----

Did you play a sport in college ? And if so, what sport and position ?

Did/Do your sons, daughters or grandchildren play a sport ?

Have you ever coached a little league or pop warner type team ?
Looking forward to tiger/manning vs phil/brady later this month!

I used to be way more into sports, but for some reason that's faded over the years. Favorites would be hockey and football.

I'm originally from Michigan so the Red Wings are my favorite team, and Steve Yzerman is my favorite player. NFL = Vikings and College Football = Michigan.

NFL Politics really soured the league for me. Nascar is my fav now. Hoping for Hendrick Motorsports to knock down the run JGR is having the last couple of years.

As a youth, it was soccer and baseball for me. I had plans on a professional soccer career, played against some of the Team USA mens players at one time, but blew my knee out and never played after high school. Attended lots of NASL and MISL games. Pele, Maradona, Messi, Renaldo and Rooney, great players. As far as Baseball, it's was the backup but I ended up playing traveling soccer year round. I thought if I did play, Johnny Bench was a good role model. A player I later appreciated and met was Tony Gwynn. Still have a signed T-shirt that I've never worn. It was a gift to some of us Telco workers restoring service during one of the fires in San Diego.

Now a days it's mostly equine related stuff, rodeo and other competitions. I get to shoot western events on occasion.
This is from a reined cow horse competion.

Colorado_State_Fair_803_COLOR.jpg

I wore #23 in every sport growing up, everyone thought it was because of Michael Jordan. Nope, I hated basketball, I wore #23 because Ryne Sandberg was my hero, the best 2B of ALL TIME (y). I have approximately 300 Sandberg baseball cards downstairs in a box still, my wife thinks they're worthless but someday I'm going to sell them and retire on the profit...I'll show her...

Last edited:
Sports have always been a part of my life. When I was younger loved baseball and basketball. Played HS volleyball also. Nowadays I just play slow pitch softball and horseshoes.

Favorite teams- Lakers, Dodgers, Colts, Duke NCAA basketball

Favorite players- AC green, Kobe, Charles Barkley, Kirk Gibson, David Justice, Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne.

Best to watch- March madness( Was courtside for the 2015 elite 8 at staples WisconsinVS Arizona) amazing atmosphere and game, World Series, NFL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back