Favorite Sport, Team or Player ( More isolation conversation )

Europe

I notice some of you mentioning sporting events.

What is your favorite sport to watch---football, Baseball, Basketball, Track, soccer, volleyball , Rugby, Hockey, Golf , Tennis , --other---

you enjoy watching your favorite sport played at the College or Professional level, or both ?

Favorite team you follow or person if Golf, Tennis, ----

Did you play a sport in college ? And if so, what sport and position ?

Did/Do your sons, daughters or grandchildren play a sport ?

Have you ever coached a little league or pop warner type team ?

Last edited:
Love to watch football, baseball and NASCAR. Played baseball in college, catcher. Worked doing late model stock car racing for fun years ago

I love hockey and football. Mostly watch pro football, but I’ll watch any hockey I can get. A few places I’ve lived have had various junior hockey leagues that are very fun to go watch. Spent most of my youth watching my brothers play baseball. A coworker coaches the local American Legion team so going to watch those is a good time.

College Football 🏈 for me , University of Oregon is my team , I think I’ve been to at least 40 or more University of Oregon football games dating back to my 1st in 1994 , but maybe the greatest moment for me was getting to see Oregon win the 2012 Rose 🌹 Bowl in Pasadena against Russell Wilson and the Wisconsin 🦡 Badgers
FF6A2905-11A3-400F-8A58-B06C461BCC0D.jpeg

9738BC95-E352-479C-A67C-760D8F1DC30B.jpeg

Texas High School Football, the World Series, Summer and Winter Olympics. Favorite sports personalities: Don Meredith, Darrel Royal in a tie. Favorite basketball players: Larry Bird and Kevin Durant. Baseball: Griffey Jr and Nolan Ryan. Football: Justin Tucker and Earl Thomas. Favorite Golfer: Arnold Palmer.

Race car drivers are great athletes, poker games don’t belong on sports channels.

Showtime Lakers as favorite team. Michael Cooper was my favorite. His defense against Larry Bird were battles. Coop was an offensive star in college at University of New Mexico in my college years. UNM was always in the top 5 in attendance those days (early 70's).

Football; Earl Campbell running back. Butkus line backer (damn he was mean). Quarterback Peyton Manning (smart).

Maravich was special. I would have loved to see him on a good team.

Edit. Agree with NHY. Texas high school football is special. Better than most college games.

Grew up being obsessed with football, but the game has lost most its character at the professional level. We watch the local high school every once in a while. I don’t have any kids in high school, but for me, high school sports are more enjoyable to watch than their professional counterparts. It’s more heart than oxygenated 40 speed.

Didn’t play college, but played a couple seasons in the Rocky Mountain Football League. Pretty ragtag, but fun.

Still play racquetball once a week with some friends.

I like watching MMA, and have coached kids soccer and wrestling. Lately, helping to coach and watching little guy wrestling is my favorite sport by far.

uwijhwd-imgur.gif

Penn State wrestling and football are probably my favorites to watch when the chance comes along. I wrestled in high school followed by 4 years in college as a starting heavyweight for a division I program.

I also played football as an offensive and defensive linemen and did the long snapping for 4 years in high school.

Our kids are 8 and 10. Both are playing soccer now. It’s extremely enjoyable to go to their games and watch them. I find myself missing it greatly this spring.

Athletics have tremendous value and are a great tool for shaping young men and women. The lessons taught and the discipline learned through the structured environment of athletics are valuable life lessons that are hard to learn in other parts of the school system today. The determination and hard work required to be successful in athletics are transferable life. They also give kids a good place to go and good people to be around. Like hunting there are many good people participating in athletics and some of my fondest memories and best friends were met through athletics.

Big Penn State football and Philadelphia Flyers fan, and will always try to find an excuse to at least catch the highlights.

Also a huge Phillies fan, but I can't stand watching on TV as a main event. Recently watched a rerun (hey, there's no new games on now anyway) of the 1979 Phillies - Cubs game and got to watch Mike Schmidt and Pete Rose smack some balls around. That was a bit of a treat.

Played baseball when I was younger, coached baseball when my kids were young. I raced motocross and my sons all raced motocross. Then after the stitches, broken bones, even a life flight to Seattle with one of my sons, luckily they switched to shooting PRS. Favorite thing to do now is shoot, hunt or fish with my sons.

College wrestling
The brands bros, Mark Perry, IMAR, PDIII, the magic man, kid dynamite and Thomas Gilman for the “if you can’t beat me on the mat you don’t want to see me in the parking lot” post match interview.

Women's college basketball, my wife and I have had season tickets for the University of Wyoming for 20 years. Prior to that we had season tickets when we lived in Missoula for UM women's basketball.

One UW player that graduated 2 years ago, I watched her Mom play for the University of Montana...

We also attend a few of the Men's college basketball games as well...used to get great tickets from our next door neighbor, who was the head coach for UW. Hated to see them leave, great coach and he and his wife were great neighbors and friends.

Haven’t played football since first year of college. Now I coach my son’s football team and that has been a lot of fun. If you gave him a choice between football, baseball, and hunting it would be pretty difficult to choose just one.

Now, I mostly enjoy watching professional football because those guys are incredible. Bo Jackson is my favorite player of all time.

As for Baseball I really enjoy going to a game but not so much watching on TV. Mike Trout is a favorite there.

Growing up I loved watching MJ and the bulls and really respect LeBron‘s talent. Some of the series are pretty fun to watch but all the drama in the NBA gets tiring after a while.

The masters is fun to watch every year. Hope they can hold it this fall.

Last edited:
Played baseball when I was younger, coached baseball when my kids were young. I raced motocross and my sons all raced motocross. Then after the stitches, broken bones, even a life flight to Seattle with one of my sons, luckily they switched to shooting PRS. Favorite thing to do now is shoot, hunt or fish with my sons.

I can relate---somewhat--but no "life flights" My most active activity now is playing the piano (-: But my son loved motocross . My daughter followed in her mothers footsteps with Rodeoing.

I enjoyed watching Nascar, but preferred amateur drag racing. Loved Rodeo ( barrel, cutting, roping )----played basketball but it was 6 girl basketball---

My husband coached girls softball and pop warner football

Professional players ---Husband---Rill Russel, Larry Bird. basketball and Dick Butkus, football. Myself. John Havlicek, David Robinson basketball. Bart Starr and Broadway Joe---football

ALL SPORTS----Sun Devils----especially when they beat Texas in a bowl game----sorry Harley, could not resist (-;

BuzzH. Do you think a female will ever play on a professional basketball team ? I sometimes think "maybe", but men are on average so much stronger. But then I remember Nate Archibald

Brittany----I wonder if our paths ever crossed ? We followed Rodeo all the way to Vegas some years even after I quit rodeoing

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back