Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Family Tradition

BOHNTR

No it's not about a Hank Willimas Jr. song.
smile.gif

Just wondering how many of you started bowhunting at an early age and who got you started. Did you always shoot archery or did you graduate to it. (j/k)
smile.gif

I started shooting sticks at 5 and haven't stopped yet. My first hunt-a-long with my father was at 6.

I introduced my son and daughter a few years ago and they love it. I've attached a few photos of my son and I on a few bowhunts for Columbian Blacktail Deer. Check out those smiles.

2002 book blacktail:

fd0e2156.jpg

2003 book blacktail:

faacc738.jpg

Post some photos guys, those "future" hunters are all about keeping the family tradition. Hope you enjoy.

BOHNTR )))--------------->

Bohntr
Great pics and nice work on passing on the fun to another generation.

I was 4 when I got my 1st bow. Been hypnotized by the flight of the arrow ever since. My dad was/is an avid archer.

I have 3 kids of my own now and two are archers. They love to go on the 3D shoots with me. Hopefully my daughter will want to shoot when she gets old enough.

I was a late bloomer and didn't pick up the bow until I was a sr. in high school. Dad didn't hunt much, but I had a buddy that helped me out.

I shot a spike whitetail my first season and continued chasing them with a bow for about five years before I really cut back.

This season got me rejuvinated and I hope to hit it hard again in 2004. I think I am ready for elk now.

I'd say the Above 3 posters are some of the Most dedicated Bow Hunters, I've tried talking to T-bane and Converting him to the BAng stick, and I think I'm 50/50 now
wink.gif

My boys have a Bow but I haven't done much with them. I'll give um a Few more years and Upgrade them. But since "DAD" I.E. Me isn't a String "Fanatic" I don't know if they will be.

I've only taken a moose and Deer and A few Exotics with one.

Mr. Roy Grace, Good to see you on this board. Hunttalkers if you have an archery question, this guy is a good as they get..........

Stan,

You ARE alive! Good to hear from you my friend. Heard you guys killed some good bulls this year. I know you have some photos for ol' BOHNTR??????
smile.gif

BOHNTR )))------------->

BOHNTR.. I stold Stan too, Sorry
wink.gif

DID you ever see the Picture of Stans BULL on top[ of my Mini VAN ?

DSC00347.sized.jpg

DSC00349.sized.jpg

I sure turned some Heads Driving down to Utah Meeting him !! HAHA !!

That's sweeeeet! It'd look even better with grandma Clampet sitting in her rocker up on top too!
smile.gif

You boys could get away with that in your part of the country. Here????? Scud missles would probably be fired at you.
smile.gif
I never get tired of looking at that awesome bull though. Thanks.

BOHNTR )))------------>

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back