F150 Eco w/ Lift

Don't all the mods like big tires and a lift kind of make the ECO part non exsistant? Kind of like putting a lift and swampers on a geo metro ;) Good looking truck though.

That sucks. Bob Moore was actually a customer of mine when I lived in Oklahoma. HE had a place up at Shangri La on Grand lake in NE Oklahoma. Only did one small job for him, he was a cheapskate and never used us on the big jobs we quoted. If you had bought it at Hudiburg I could propably help you out. I was at the ford dealership in Chadron today looking at a Subaru for my wife and I was looking at the new truck in the showroom thinking about your nightmare. Thats what you get for getting rid of your cummins powered dodge. Speaking of which just put some new 285-70-17 mud tires on my rear axle last week. Averaging just over 20 mpg and I could drag an eco boosts around like a rag doll with it. Truck weighs 9,000 pounds with the welder, air compressor and tool boxes. Averaged over 21 on a round trip from Douglas to Bozeman a couple of months ago. Got 14.5 pulling a 5,000 pound camper from Tulsa to Darby MT last year. Now I just need desel just go down to about the same price as gas which unfortunatley isn't goin to happen anyting soon. 5.9 cummins, 6 in a row and built to tow. Not built for the greasy mud around here though, completely worthless after a rain on a 2 track road.

Howa hunter- You must have the most fuel efficient 5.3 on the planet to get over 20 mpg hwy. Drove one of those for a week this year and thought it was the most underpowered truck I had driven since a 4.3 powered older chevy that was completely gutless. Must have been something wrong with it but I swear that thing woldn't pull a greased string out a cats a$$. Had to downshift going up every hill.

Attachments

• ebay.jpg
    ebay.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 161
Wyoming- sometimes I think so. Just have to break them in the right way. I have a buddy with the same truck and he gets less than I do. You must have been driving a bum 5.3. I have never had a problem with power and have driven lots of 5.3s. Then we had to go to little v6 fords for work.

Thanks for the update I had been eyeing the ecoboost for a couple years when i could pick one up used to hunt/haul the family in. I'll watch this post pretty carefully.

Need to rotate your tires ;) sweet truck though

That sucks. Bob Moore was actually a customer of mine when I lived in Oklahoma. HE had a place up at Shangri La on Grand lake in NE Oklahoma. Only did one small job for him, he was a cheapskate and never used us on the big jobs we quoted. If you had bought it at Hudiburg I could propably help you out. I was at the ford dealership in Chadron today looking at a Subaru for my wife and I was looking at the new truck in the showroom thinking about your nightmare. Thats what you get for getting rid of your cummins powered dodge. Speaking of which just put some new 285-70-17 mud tires on my rear axle last week. Averaging just over 20 mpg and I could drag an eco boosts around like a rag doll with it. Truck weighs 9,000 pounds with the welder, air compressor and tool boxes. Averaged over 21 on a round trip from Douglas to Bozeman a couple of months ago. Got 14.5 pulling a 5,000 pound camper from Tulsa to Darby MT last year. Now I just need desel just go down to about the same price as gas which unfortunatley isn't goin to happen anyting soon. 5.9 cummins, 6 in a row and built to tow. Not built for the greasy mud around here though, completely worthless after a rain on a 2 track road.

Howa hunter- You must have the most fuel efficient 5.3 on the planet to get over 20 mpg hwy. Drove one of those for a week this year and thought it was the most underpowered truck I had driven since a 4.3 powered older chevy that was completely gutless. Must have been something wrong with it but I swear that thing woldn't pull a greased string out a cats a$$. Had to downshift going up every hill.

Lemon law it, get an attorney. Ford will not do anything but lie to you. Been through this with them, a lemon law attorney is the only thing they will respond to.

I'm sorry for your poor experience with your Eco boost. I have owned an 06 Cummins for personal use before purchasing an '11 Eco boost. My experience was the opposite as most on this forum. My Cummins was a sweet running engine, but between ball joints and transmission problems I dumped around 6k into it before finally sending it down the line. I now have 55k on my Eco boost with no issues. I also have a fleet of 10 Chevy/GMC fleet vehicles and in my experience there are no auto's that are trouble free, although I think you have had more problems than most, I hope Ford does the right thing for you!

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back