Extra Stupid Window Stickers

Oxford comma is the use of a comma with "and" in a list or sentence to denote it is separate from the last item.

I love chicken, honey, and beans. Oxford

I love chicken, honey and beans. Not Oxford meaning I like honey in beans not honey separate from beans.

It's contested if the comma is required, those on team Oxford comma all agree it is
I was team Oxford comma before I knew it was a thing. Can the other side give me a compelling argument?

Oxford comma is the use of a comma with "and" in a list or sentence to denote it is separate from the last item.

I love chicken, honey, and beans. Oxford

I love chicken, honey and beans. Not Oxford meaning I like honey in beans not honey separate from beans.

It's contested if the comma is required, those on team Oxford comma all agree it is
$5 Million says Oxford commas matter...

Extra stupid for sure. Not really with regard to either political party, but during my grandfather's generation likely no one wrote "F&&k Roosevelt", during Dad's generation no one likely wrote "F&&k Truman", during my generation I never saw "F&&k Kennedy", never even saw "F&&k Nixon" ... regardless of opposition to policy or political affiliation. It saddens me that the only modifier expressing one's perspective or describing someone or something to which there is disagreement is the F bomb! Disappointing to realize such a lack of literary creativity.
'Never thought I'd be one of those old farts who is appalled and disappointed in the younger generation at large ... but I'm almost there! HTers to post this "cool" lingo really illustrates the point.
Go ahead and judge me as "narrow minded dinosaur".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back