Caribou Gear Tarp

Extra Stupid Window Stickers

I think only in California could this be an actual business
View attachment 266053
To pay someone to pick up your dog’s poop. Geez.
When I was in college with roommates with dogs, we paid for that service. Was hard to keep the yard clean with 3 people not wanting to clean up each other’s dogs mess. $2 a day for 3 dogs is what it came out to be. Ive wasted more money in one order at a bar than a few months worth of poop pickin up.

Talked to the owner/poop scooper, quite a genius business model. Once it was cleaned up weekly, it took him 5 minutes to clear the yard. He dropped the waste bag into his customers dumpster. Ran his route through a specific neighborhood each day so his stops were close by. Working half days, 5 days a week, guy was netting $100k a year. If you’re willing to do the work and pick up poop, theres a surprisingly huge market for it. And yes in CA. But people pay to get their horse stalls mucked all across the US n no one bats an eye.

When I was in college with roommates with dogs, we paid for that service. Was hard to keep the yard clean with 3 people not wanting to clean up each other’s dogs mess. $2 a day for 3 dogs is what it came out to be. Ive wasted more money in one order at a bar than a few months worth of poop pickin up.

Talked to the owner/poop scooper, quite a genius business model. Once it was cleaned up weekly, it took him 5 minutes to clear the yard. He dropped the waste bag into his customers dumpster. Ran his route through a specific neighborhood each day so his stops were close by. Working half days, 5 days a week, guy was netting $100k a year. If you’re willing to do the work and pick up poop, theres a surprisingly huge market for it. And yes in CA. But people pay to get their horse stalls mucked all across the US n no one bats an eye.
My wife seriously considered starting a business doing this and walking dogs. Hitting $100K is not a high bar - think about the folks spending $25-$30 a day for boarding, so their dog's poop is scooped and the dog walked once a day. Now that so many folks have corona-pups, this pencils out really fast.

David
NM

Yup its just getting over the whole “i pick up poop” for a living thing. Tried to talk my wife’s sister into it when she ran into hard times. I even ran the numbers conservatively and broke $100k easily part time. Initial startup cost is under $100 if you own a car already…. Not sure why kids arent lining up to do this. Could be debt free by age 21 with a nice house n truck if they start at 16. Boarding or walking pets is a whole different ball game that people pay much much more for the service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back