everything old is new again.

JBzero

40 year old guy. Grew up hunting and fishing in southeast Missouri (red flannel and deer slugs in fall. Walking the creeks in converse and a Walmart fishing pole all summer). Quit when I went to college, traveled around a lot for work. Now twenty odd years later, I'm in my early 40s. I've settled in Washington state. I have two small boys (3 and 6) and realized their connection to my side of the family is the outdoors, and that my skills aren't where they need to be for me to be able to tech my boys to hunt and fish; particularly out here where things are very different. I'm trying to figure it out.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Welcome aboard! Always great to read and see the pics of adventures with the younger ones. :)

Last time I took my daughter fishing, well it was set to be fishing, I ended up enjoying her as she collected and counted snails collected from lily pads next to the boat. Oh and of course, I accidentally popped my one and only expensive rod/reel ($240+ is expensive to me) over the side of the boat. I didn't know I had tipped it over just figured my heel lightly caught onto the trolling motor cable while stepping back to view her snails... Once returning I searched around for the gear - gone! Haha! Talk about wanting to throw a tantrum and simply sitting on the seat and smiling as I watched her enjoying the size of a snail she pulled from the shell.

Welcome, have a 3 yrd old myself. Everyday is a new adventure seems like when they are this age. Lots of good info shared on here.

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the time boys. Pretty soon they grow up and leave for they're lives to live!

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I forgot to mention:
I've spent more than a bit of time backpacking (In the Cascades, Ozarks, Andes, and the Olympic Peninsula). I'm a newby to western hunting, but not to being in the backcountry living off my back. So if I mention something about the backpacking, I'm not talking out of school, and if I ask a stupid question about backpack hunting, I'm not being dense, I just don't know.
Thanks again.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back