Eve Treats

Yeah, with that Aqua Vit, I am sure you have one monstrous headache.

I've never touched that stuff, I witnessed one of the hangovers once on a business trip. I ain't man enough for that popskull.

David
NM
Dang. That was supposed to say FOOD hangover. I don’t drink anymore. Too many real hangovers back in the day cured me of that.

Wife just finished a pecan pie from a family recipe my grandmother wrote down in 1912. No corn syrup just brown sugar for sweetener. I prefer it over modern super sweet pecan pies, the pecan flavor shines more.View attachment 257497
I'm with the other guys asking for the recipe. I make a pretty mean pie that combined a couple different recipes but it sure is sweet!

Wife just finished a pecan pie from a family recipe my grandmother wrote down in 1912. No corn syrup just brown sugar for sweetener. I prefer it over modern super sweet pecan pies, the pecan flavor shines more.View attachment 257497
I’d be posting a drooling emoji iffin we had one. Sounds delicious!

Big batch of sweet chex mix. @ 1 point I was staring into a bowl w a cup of melted butter, 1.5 c brown sugar and 1 c dark Karo syrup.. Pushed through that prediabetes shock and the results are good enough to eat.

I’m done cooking for now until after we get back from church. Cooked ham, spuds, asparagus for dinner tonight. Prepped the brisket, ribs, beans, and jalapeño poppers for tomorrow. Brisket will go on about 10:00 tonight to be ready for dinner tomorrow at 2:00, ribs at 6:00 a.m., then poppers when they come off.

There's more than one of us on the board that would welcome that recipe if it were posted here. My grandmother used to make it with peanut butter, will try and dig that formula up.

David
NM
As requested.

Ingredients:
2 cups milk
2cups brown sugar
6 eggs
1 Tbsp flour
1 cup chopped pecans
Pinch of salt
Extra whole pecans to cover top
Pie crust

Blind bake crust at 425 for 12 minutes remove foli return to oven 5 minutes then remove and turn oven to 350. Next combine milk, sugar, eggs, flour, salt, and chopped pecans in a sauce pan over low heat whisking constantly until thickened about 7-8 minutes. Pour filling into pie crust and coat top with whole pecans then cook for 30-35 minutes.

Thank you, sir! I may have to try that out. One question. Light or dark brown sugar?

As requested.

Ingredients:
2 cups milk
2cups brown sugar
6 eggs
1 Tbsp flour
1 cup chopped pecans
Pinch of salt
Extra whole pecans to cover top
Pie crust

Blind bake crust at 425 for 12 minutes remove foli return to oven 5 minutes then remove and turn oven to 350. Next combine milk, sugar, eggs, flour, salt, and chopped pecans in a sauce pan over low heat whisking constantly until thickened about 7-8 minutes. Pour filling into pie crust and coat top with whole pecans then cook for 30-35 minutes.
Thank you!! I'm going to try this one!!

Back