Eve Treats

Doing Hank Shaw’s Anticuchos de Corazon, heart skewers with a heart from my friends cow elk from Tuesday night. I helped him pack it out and couldn’t just leave that delicious heart there. My wife requested this for tonight as it is a family favorite in our house.

She’s making krumkake and we’re snacking on a shrimp cocktail platter. Nice peaceful day here.

Merry Christmas friends!

Wife just finished a pecan pie from a family recipe my grandmother wrote down in 1912. No corn syrup just brown sugar for sweetener. I prefer it over modern super sweet pecan pies, the pecan flavor shines more.View attachment 257497
There's more than one of us on the board that would welcome that recipe if it were posted here. My grandmother used to make it with peanut butter, will try and dig that formula up.

David
NM

Icelandic tradition. It’s a party where you exchange books and eat chocolate. Pretty fun.

Jola = Yule time
Boaka = Book
Flod = Flood
Yeah, with that Aqua Vit, I am sure you have one monstrous headache.

I've never touched that stuff, I witnessed one of the hangovers once on a business trip. I ain't man enough for that popskull.

David
NM

Wife just finished a pecan pie from a family recipe my grandmother wrote down in 1912. No corn syrup just brown sugar for sweetener. I prefer it over modern super sweet pecan pies, the pecan flavor shines more.View attachment 257497

I'll definitely trust a pecan anything recipe from that time period and your part of the world

That’s the entire reason I don’t like pecan pie. The pies I’ve had, even during my years in Oklahoma were much too sweet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back