Euro mount

174in

Just finished my skull on my pronghorn I got this year here is a pic.
DSC00743.jpg

That looks really good! I have one myself not as big and I didn't do it but I like it a lot hope to add another one this year. How did you get that so white, its eye popping for sure.

I simmer or boil all my skulls that I have done.I first boiled this one long enough to get the horns to pop off then changed the water. I use dish soap in my water to cut some of the grease and try to change the water 2-3 times. For deer skuls or anything with antlers I will use a hair bleach solution from wal-mart Loreal,nice and easy,or generic brand bleach blond.I mix the 2 solutions together and it makes a paste you can brush on to keep off the antlers so they wont discolor.For the prong horn skull I used the hair bleach for one day then I soaked it in household peroxide for about 24 or 30 hours.I put the bucket out in the sun to warm the peroxide wich seems to help with the whiteing process. I then give the skull a matte clear coat finish.

Looks nice. Are you going to put it on a plaque?

I just finished the kids lope and my elk head. First time i tried the cream 40 power developer from the solon supply place. decided i would try it since i did not have a bucket that would fit the elk skull well and i would have needed so much to fill in the un-used space so i painted on the cream style stuff on both and put plastic shopping bags over them and let them sit 24 hrs. The lope skull looked great and the elk head i gave a second coat after a rinse with the hose and now it too looks great. I think I am done with the fluid peroxide and sticking to the cream style.

what brand name of peroxide are u using the only stuff i have found here is just hydrenperoxide not just peroxide. I use the volume 40 and powder mix from the salons but it doesent always get the job done after just one coat. Your turned out really nice and he's a good goat congrats.

First time i tried the cream 40 power developer from the solon supply place.

I accidently order the creme last spring as well and I also like how it sticks as opposed to the fluid. After I put it on, I wrap the head in Saran Wrap to keep it moist longer and I think it helps it kick better as well

what brand name of peroxide are u using the only stuff i have found here is just hydrenperoxide not just peroxide. I use the volume 40 and powder mix from the salons but it doesent always get the job done after just one coat. Your turned out really nice and he's a good goat congrats.
I just used the brown bottle walmart sells hyrogen peroxide

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back