£¥€k what have I done

Cheesehead

Applied for nonresident MT BG Combo with 2 points.
Please convince me this is a terrible idea and I should get an 80% refund and do WY deer with 5 points and CO elk with 5 instead.
If you’re in a similar boat given just how shitty Montana has treated us nonresidents feel free to sympathize

38B2650E-6F4D-47E6-98C4-A1AAF4E9D0E4.gif

I still don’t know what I’ve done. I got 4 points and I could only figure out 2 units to apply for cause they had to be 1st or 2nd choice. It’s for a bow hunt, so I guess we will see, if I draw either one it should be a fun hunt.

Applied for nonresident MT BG Combo with 2 points.
Please convince me this is a terrible idea and I should get an 80% refund and do WY deer with 5 points and CO elk with 5 instead.
If you’re in a similar boat given just how shitty Montana has treated us nonresidents feel free to sympathize

View attachment 217715
You need to go straight to the psych ward!

Well, FWIW I'm in a similar boat. I applied for a BGC with 3 points and also have 3 - 7 points for deer and elk in WY and CO. I'm looking forward to another hunt in MT this year. The tag might be expensive but for me its worth it, MT is a fantastic place to spend a couple of weeks. That probably didn't help :)

Well, FWIW I'm in a similar boat. I applied for a BGC with 3 points and also have 3 - 7 points for deer and elk in WY and CO. I'm looking forward to another hunt in MT this year. The tag might be expensive but for me its worth it, MT is a fantastic place to spend a couple of weeks. That probably didn't help :)
Where is the face plant emoji. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ Please give me your points in other states! You’d literally have to be insane.

What pissed me off was how they added the service fee after I clicked to pay, even though I knew there was a service fee seeing it add on after I thought I was paying $37 less felt like a low blow.

I can't understand how people are excited to hunt MT. I can get a tag OTC every year and haven't wanted one for 5 years. Zero desire to hunt it. CO is a way better hunt. Bigger deer 10x more elk. I just don't understand the allure.

Hope that helps, but I'm being serious.
So am I

I expect that if I hunt hard for the entire season I can at least have a chance to kill a grown up bull on a general tag in Montana. I don’t expect to see older mule deer. Coming in without first hand experience and local knowledge is a different story.

If I wasn’t a resident that didn’t grow up here I’d hunt Idaho, Colorado, and Wyoming.

Last edited:
I walked away from my single point, and my wife gave up 4. We already have other hunts in the works. Wavered back and forth for the past few days, but ultimately, we're going to watch from the sidelines for a couple of years. Primarily, because I'm not going to support poor government. But also hard to conjure extra PTO.

Back