Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana Draw Question -

ERSS

I have previously just purchased left over / turned back licenses in May, but decided to do the draw this year for a general combo deer/elk license ( no desire for a special or limited entry draw ).
My experience with WY has been that the preference point purchased at time of application, does not count until the following year - I assumed this was the case for MT as well.
Then I read this:

Purchasing Preference Points
Preference points for a nonresident big game or deer combination license may be purchased for a nonrefundable fee of $50. Applicants may purchase only one preference point per license year. Preference points can be purchased:
  • when applying for the nonresident combination license; or
  • between July 1 and Sept. 30, for those who did not apply for a nonresident big game license, or who did not purchase a preference point at the time they applied for a nonresident big game combination license.
The application deadline is Sept. 30 at 5 p.m. Preference points purchased at the time of application are awarded prior to the drawing.

So does this mean, if I have zero preference points currently and I buy one today at time of application - I will go into the drawing for a general license with 1 preference point?

Yup / if you buy one now at time of application it will count against this years app so yes you’ll have 1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back