Esther

The Buick. 1993 Le Sabre was Grandma Esther’s car. When she passed it became my mother’s. When my Dad passed my Mom moved to town and brought the Buick. My son & daughter both drove “Esther” through high school and complained often about it. Bozeman has lots of wealth and most kids were driving excellent new vehicles. I told them to go buy a car or be appreciative of the free ride. My son graduated from HS, got his own car. My daughter went to college out of state without a car this year. I was proud to say I was driving Esther every day to work and was even taking her hunting. It’s a nice old car, low miles, and comfortable to ride in.

Good work Kurt, helluva bull.
Congrats.
Now what are you going to do?

Last edited:
The Buick. 1993 Le Sabre was Grandma Esther’s car. When she passed it became my mother’s. When my Dad passed my Mom moved to town and brought the Buick. My son & daughter both drove “Esther” through high school and complained often about it. Bozeman has lots of wealth and most kids were driving excellent new vehicles. I told them to go buy a car or be appreciative of the free ride. My son graduated from HS, got his own car. My daughter went to college out of state without a car this year. I was proud to say I was driving Esther every day to work and was even taking her hunting. It’s a nice old car, low miles, and comfortable to ride in.
I grew up driving Grandma's Mercury. Same thing. It was comfortable, but not exactly flashy or cool. I'd drive it still, if I could.

Great bull! Great tribute to Esther and life shared lessons from her Buick - driven right on to her grandchildren.

You are one heck of a skill crafted, determined hunter - a follow that never fails.

I’m tired and have had too many green cans to elaborate on the hunt. The pack out today with 3 great friends was really fun. Yesterday when I shot the elk, was more work than anything else. My friend Jake helped a ton. Bummed he wasn’t along when I shot, as it would have saved him over 7 miles of hiking & packing meat on top of the hunting he already had done. And again, he came along today to pack out a quarter. Very thankful for my friends.

That's a cool story. Reading your post above got me thinking about my high school wheels (none).

When I was in high school I didn't have any wheels. My parents would not let me drive their vehicles. Grandma Clara, who made it to age 102 before passing in 2004, had a 1969 Chevy Nova she said I could use for my morning trapline runs before school. So long as I filled it with gas after every trip (she was a miser) and I kept it clean, the little four-cylinder Nova four-door with "three on the tree" could be my trapping rig. I wasn't going anywhere off pavement, but I did catch a good chunk of fur those years.

A half-rack of your favorite beer if you post a pic of that bull loaded into Esther?

Cheers to Esther!

That's a cool story. Reading your post above got me thinking about my high school wheels (none).

When I was in high school I didn't have any wheels. My parents would not let me drive their vehicles. Grandma Clara, who made it to age 102 before passing in 2004, had a 1969 Chevy Nova she said I could use for my morning trapline runs before school. So long as I filled it with gas after every trip (she was a miser) and I kept it clean, the little four-cylinder Nova four-door with "three on the tree" could be my trapping rig. I wasn't going anywhere off pavement, but I did catch a good chunk of fur those years.

A half-rack of your favorite beer if you post a pic of that bull loaded into Esther?

Cheers to Esther!
My FIL tells stories of coon hunting out of his 1970 gran turino, which he still has.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back