Essential Poll

Favorite Style of Beer

• Old School American Pale Lagers and Pilsners (Bud, Miller, Coors, etc.)

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • Blond Ales

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • IPAs

Votes: 52 25.7%
  • Lagers

Votes: 17 8.4%
  • Amber Ales

Votes: 35 17.3%
  • English Bitters

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Porters

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Stouts

Votes: 20 9.9%
  • Dark Ales

Votes: 13 6.4%
  • Specialty Pilsners

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
I'm a home brewer so I love and drink way too much beer. I can't pick one. IPA's for summer and Stouts for fall/winter.

Enjoying a wonderful stout I brewed for the holidays.

I will take a black label MGD thank you very much!!!

I rarely drink beer anymore. A case lasts me over a year. I sometimes will get a six-pack for hunting or fishing trips though.

What say you, Hunttalk? If you could only have one last beer, what style would it be. (given there are dozens of types and sub-types, I tried to stick to the most common)
For some reason my brain read, “If you could only have one last beer, what size would it be” and I’m imagining what might fit in this space...
image.jpg

I'm a big fan of quadrupels, especially the Straffe Hendrik Quad. Dark, tasty, champagne-like carbonation, strong alcohol content without it overpowering the flavor. Goes great with a steak or french dip. IPA's aren't my thing, seems like all I taste are hops and no other flavors.

Piney River Brewing, Black Walnut Wheat. Drank a lot of that in the Ozarks.

But good dark beer- ales, lagers, weizens, bocks, you name it- good malt profile, good roasted flavor, not much bitter at all. Unless it's hotter than hell, where you've gotta have a Helles.

I love the craft pilsner and lager revolution. Especially helles lagers. No. Colorado has more than a few winners. Craft Mexican lagers are also high on the list. Chuluna and LoneTree have pick up the torch when Del Norte shut its doors.

From the list, I chose IPA. I really like German Weiss Biers though. And Stouts. And Porters. And...
Funny though, growing up in Pa, Yeungling was the cheap beer highschool kids would con an older brother into buying for us. Now it’s all I drink when I go back East. There’s even a Yeungling fan club here in Portland — in a place with so many great beer options in will make your head spin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back