Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Equipment Action shots for Oak

No problems with Obenhauf's on mine as well. Several people I work with are using the same boots and the only one I know that has had problems takes terrible care of any gear and has been known to all but wade in herbicide, which can't be good for them.

I'm guessing the weather was getting really bad for you to let that guy go.

My rands came off right away. I have a pair of Lowa Banffs as well and the rand is way thicker and has never even thought of coming off. I used Obenhuafs on both pairs.

The bull was only 240-250 6pt on a good day. I will probably be sorry this Sunday when the season ends but he was not the reason I was there suffering.

Last edited:
The bull was only 240-250 6pt on a good day. I will probably be sorry this Sunday when the season ends but he was not the reason I was there suffering.

You need the mentality "if it's brown, it's down!" Good luck with your chase of the wapiti. Hopefully the crappy weather will work to your advantage.

Let me know the mailing address on where to send some corn fed Iowa beef. I may need to do the same thing to keep food on the table for the family. :(

Dink those aren't the high heels i pictured you hunting in. Has any one looked at the black diamond mega mid. I have a friend that loves his for back packing and long river trips. Weather has been great for me as well. Good to know Oak is at least as good as the weather man.

While DS was roughing it, the wife and I were roasting happily in his Alanak wall tent and wood stove on our elk hunt.

Oak's forecast was spot on for the area north of DeBeque. Rain, rain, and more rain., but followed by snow on Monday.

Dinkshooter--you are no average Joe. That looks almost like no fun at all and only a hair better than being at work....

I have a pair of $30 walmart boots that took me everywhere I wanted to go this year! maybe you should try those out!

Weather looks nice this weekend. I wouldn't bother carrying the tent.

Good luck!

Weather looks nice this weekend. I wouldn't bother carrying the tent.

Good luck!

All a good man needs, for a good nights sleep, is a rock and pine bough. And the pine bough is a luxury item.

A good man, in good country like this, should pull out a bull a day.

Man that's brutal. I'll quit whining about the 50mph wind we just had. You da man. Those tents are nice. We used those on are elk hunt

I am not using a chopper on this hunt. But I am using a pogo stick to pack him out!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOW needs to get serious about wrapping elk antlers in bubble wrap around August 20th, broken horns are painful, but I am weak. Finally ending 34 days of hunting without a kill:eek:

P1020834.jpg

Nice looking bull, regardless of the broken points, congrats. I'm about to resort to hunting for a cow with a muzzleloader.

I suppose you purposely over-exposed the background so I couldn't tell where you were at.

Back