Caribou Gear

Equipment Action shots for Oak

Honestly, it didn't go on its maiden voyage until this last week. It was a little too warm for this bag, but I love it. The most roomy "mummy" bag I've ever slept in, and packs down small.
[/IMG]

From what I'm finding that bag is 4-9 oz heavier than a couple similar bags i'm finding(Mtn. Hardware Phantom 0, Marmot Lithium). Although you only used it once do you feel that the comfort of that elasticity is worth the extra weight?

Last edited:
From what I'm finding that bag is 4-9 oz heavier than a couple similar bags i'm finding(Mtn. Hardware Phantom 0, Marmot Lithium). Although you only used it once do you feel that the comfort of that elasticity is worth the extra weight?
I'm a fat guy. The extra room is worth it's weight in gold. ;) I don't have any experience with the other bags, so I can't really compare them. But I thought all the bags you listed are within 5oz of one another? I use a 10# MR pack, so I'm not sure I would notice 5oz.

I may have confused regulars and longs and such with those weight differences. If its that much more comfortable, that likely is worth a few measly ounces.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back