Caribou Gear

Episode #2 - Nevada Archery Mule Deer

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was told that this episode would not make the roll order in time for today's airing. Guess I was wrong.

It was a great hunt. I hope you get to catch it sometime this week. Remaining air times this week are:

Wednesday - 11:30PM
Thursday - 7:00PM
Saturday - 10:00AM

All times MOUNTAIN TIMES.

Was great to be joined by three Hunt Talkers - NV Longbow, Jereep, and elk_hunter, along with my Uncle, Elton Stickler. Thanks for the company, guys.

I will be applying for NV archery mule deer tags, until the day I can no longer draw a bow. So much public ground and so much fun to be had. The average buck quality is excellent. Not sure what more you can ask for in a hunt.

Special thanks to Sportsman Channel for getting this one aired on time, in spite of a delay in tape delivery.

If you want to read the day-by-day story of this hunt, here is the link.

http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=243678

Caught it this morning. Was suprised to see it after your post earlier. Looked like you had a good, exciting hunt. Quality was as expected.

Saw it while waiting for the wifey to get ready for our 4th of July BBQ (she takes FOREVER!!). It was PRIMO!!

Yep I caught the show too. Great job Randy and friends. That one buck was a monster.

I watched it the other day and wow, not many places to hide out there. Great job with the follow up shot as well. It also looked like you have a great time with all the people in camp, looked like a small family reunion :).

I saw it on the DVR but didn't have a chance to watch it yet, tonight should be a little less busy though.

That was an awesome episode Randy. I felt like I was there through tthe whole hunt. The camraderie and firnedships shown really impressed me. This episode showed what OYO hunting is all about. You are a class act. Now i need to start trying to draw one of those tags.

Great show, like always. Not sure what the difference is, but the shows seem even better than prior seasons. Looking forward to the next one. Any chance there's an upcoming elk hunt with a BeTheDecoy? Randy would look great with that hat on!:D

Haven't seen it yet but I'm sure it's gonna be another good 1. How can I put in smilies when replying? And are you still looking for hunt suggestions Fin, cause I got some good ones.

watched it twice already,great show,didnt look easy,were you north or south of freeway,was there much for water?nice buck with a bow really adds to the chalenge,good job.

Randy:
The family and I viewed this hunt late last night off the DVR, and I am watching it again as I enter this post.

Thanks for including Jerry, Elton and me in the show. And thanks to Jason (elk_hunter) for showing up mid-hunt with fresh eyes, good optics, and attitude.

We realize it is a horde of work encouraging the editor to incorporate more than two characters into an episode; but I think it came off good and worth the effort. Kind off wonder what others think. We realize multiple characters may be confusing to keep track of for viewers. Warm Springs did a great job with that task.

Hope you get good constructive feedback on all your episodes. Let us know if you want this via private message, post, etc.

The part when you referred to Troy as "Kong" was epic. Not sure all folks can appreciate the difficulty getting quality footage of a close encounter during “spot and stock” archery hunts like this, but I am certain most of the Hunttalkers do. Troy is one stud camera man.
The side shots from that small camera are very cool.

Not sure people realize how much you battle the tremors associated with the wicked disease you endure. The clip when you are holding the diner plate and lantern really brings this to light.

It is neat to see old still photos, location and product info inserted in the corner of video.
We Hunttalkers cannot express how much we admire the efforts you extend in bringing this quality show to the public. On Your Own Adventure is truly a demonstration that the Real American Hunter can appreciate.

Thanks,
Scott

Randy:
The family and I viewed this hunt late last night off the DVR, and I am watching it again as I enter this post.

Thanks for including Jerry, Elton and me in the show. And thanks to Jason (elk_hunter) for showing up mid-hunt with fresh eyes, good optics, and attitude.

We realize it is a horde of work encouraging the editor to incorporate more than two characters into an episode; but I think it came off good and worth the effort. Kind off wonder what others think. We realize multiple characters may be confusing to keep track of for viewers. Warm Springs did a great job with that task.

Hope you get good constructive feedback on all your episodes. Let us know if you want this via private message, post, etc.

The part when you referred to Troy as "Kong" was epic. Not sure all folks can appreciate the difficulty getting quality footage of a close encounter during “spot and stock” archery hunts like this, but I am certain most of the Hunttalkers do. Troy is one stud camera man.
The side shots from that small camera are very cool.

Not sure people realize how much you battle the tremors associated with the wicked disease you endure. The clip when you are holding the diner plate and lantern really brings this to light.

It is neat to see old still photos, location and product info inserted in the corner of video.
We Hunttalkers cannot express how much we admire the efforts you extend in bringing this quality show to the public. On Your Own Adventure is truly a demonstration that the Real American Hunter can appreciate.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott you are spot on with your post. Great job to all involved with this production. Look forward to every Monday now.

Randy,

Stayed up and watch the NV show last night, it really felt like I was there in your boots. I really liked the connection with friends, and seeing those bucks.

I made my wife watch it and she said it was the best hunting show she has seen!!!

Great work.

Todd

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back