MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Epic trophy room in progress

When I was a kid I loved going to natural history museums. Denver’s is pretty amazing, field is great, British museum is phenomenal... but none of them hold a candle to some of the private displays in people’s homes.

I wish more SCI hunters would bequeath their mounts to local natural history museums or even work with their local museum while they are alive.

When I was a kid I loved going to natural history museums. Denver’s is pretty amazing, field is great, British museum is phenomenal... but none of them hold a candle to some of the private displays in people’s homes.

I wish more SCI hunters would bequeath their mounts to local natural history museums or even work with their local museum while they are alive.
I was born and grew up in Denver. As a kid I also loved going to the Denver Museum of Natural History. I especially liked the dinosaur exhibit, the rocks and minerals section, and especially all of the North American animal dioramas on the second floor. I still have family in the Denver area and go back there several times every year. And I still enjoy going to the Denver Museum every year and especially seeing the rocks, minerals, and animal dioramas.

Years ago I went through the SCI Museum in Tucson, AZ and it was almost overwhelming on just the huge quantity of mounts.

And last summer I was able to go through Bass Pro's Wonders of Wildlife Museum and Aquarium in Springfield, MO. It is definitely worth seeing!

Kudos on all your achievements. Our interests differ, and that’s great.

I have infinitely more interest in seeing and hearing the stories of someone like @Oak ‘s mule deer than visiting with the owner of that room.
I'm not sure how our interests differ, but like you posted, that's OK.

I don't know the owner of that room, nor do I know @Oak or his mule deer, but I'm sure that I would enjoy visiting with either of these hunters and hearing their stories of the animals that they have hunted.

When I posted pictures of my Trophy Room, I titled the thread "48 years of Memories", and that's exactly what it is, and I could tell you the story behind each of my mounts. On the other hand, I have over two dozen elk racks and many mule deer and whitetail deer racks and pronghorn antelope horns hanging in the rafters in my garage. Other than saying that I shot all of them on DIY or DIY solo hunts in Colorado and Montana and that they fed my family for 50+ years, I couldn't tell the story of more than one of the hunts for those elk, deer, or antelope.

I'm not sure how our interests differ, but like you posted, that's OK.

I don't know the owner of that room, nor do I know @Oak or his mule deer, but I'm sure that I would enjoy visiting with either of these hunters and hearing their stories of the animals that they have hunted.

When I posted pictures of my Trophy Room, I titled the thread "48 years of Memories", and that's exactly what it is, and I could tell you the story behind each of my mounts. On the other hand, I have over two dozen elk racks and many mule deer and whitetail deer racks and pronghorn antelope horns hanging in the rafters in my garage. Other than saying that I shot all of them on DIY or DIY solo hunts in Colorado and Montana and that they fed my family for 50+ years, I couldn't tell the story of more than one of the hunts for those elk, deer, or antelope.

I used to proudly claim that I could tell about the detailed hunt of everything hanging in my garage rafters. Now when I walk out there, I’m thinking I could tell about most, but certainly not all. But I’m only 51. I bet it’s an age thing .. @buffybr 🙂

Did no one else look at all that and think, "how the frick would you keep it clean?"

Maybe this covid is getting to me.

What Jim Shockey does with his “ Hand of Man “ museum is pretty cool. I’d love to tour it if I’m ever in his area.

I used to proudly claim that I could tell about the detailed hunt of everything hanging in my garage rafters. Now when I walk out there, I’m thinking I could tell about most, but certainly not all. But I’m only 51. I bet it’s an age thing .. @buffybr 🙂

The things you don't forget are often better than the things you can't forget.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back