Elk vs. Wolves

holy sh*t, ive also heard they are killing every thing off
They ate every damn elk from Wyoming to Canada, Montana to Washington. Might as well turn your Wyoming elk tags back in. No use.

Last fall plenty of coyotes left in Idaho but not anywhere near wolf packs me and partner took about 30 out last fall

Attachments

• B883BEE4-F47C-4E4F-960F-314F520249D8.jpeg
    B883BEE4-F47C-4E4F-960F-314F520249D8.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 12
Last winter and this spring I’m still finding plenty of bears and lions in Idaho. Do you actually hunt predators in the west or just laugh your ass off at those who do and acknowledge that wolves kill things because we have seen it ?

Attachments

• F1F5BBF2-2999-4FEC-9AD4-DC1D925DCF79.png
    F1F5BBF2-2999-4FEC-9AD4-DC1D925DCF79.png
    3 MB · Views: 10
  • 78104BB4-2D5C-48EA-94DF-3A583417B415.png
    78104BB4-2D5C-48EA-94DF-3A583417B415.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
I know from experience have not read any studies that wolves HATE coyotes. Areas I lion hunt that were polluted with coyotes had the coyotes disappear once the wolves showed up. I decided quickly I preferred dealing with too many coyotes vs even a few wolves
Have a lone hound, I get it, he'll never get off lead in a wolfy area. In fact I sympathize more with that problem more than worrying about elk numbers. That could change.

They ate every damn elk from Wyoming to Canada, Montana to Washington. Might as well turn your Wyoming elk tags back in. No use.
No they didn’t wolves don’t even like elk meat. High wolf numbers and awesome elk populations exist all over the west, right? I read “never cry wolf “in 6th grade so I know wolfs primarily eat rodents 😂

is it true that they released wolves from Canada into mt
Cute post! Waiting for you to answer my question. Do you actually hunt predators in any western state with wolves or just laugh your ass off at those who do and actually SEE that wolves kill a lot of stuff? I’m guessing you sit on the computer in the east or Midwest and feel superior knowing that wolves do no harm and you can look down on us “rednecks” that hunt around wolves 11 months out of the year. Or worse you are one of the millions who moved to Idaho Montana and Wyoming so you’re now a resident that can look down your nose at us natives for being so “superstitious” about what wolves actually do.

The fact that people from the front range and Denver voted on the reintroduction of the wolf leads me to believe that it will be a long time before there will be a hunting season to legally manage the numbers. I find it interesting that there is loads of empirical evidence out there that wolves already had existed in the state before the reintroduction, yet people within the legislature still found it necessary to introduce 30 more for whatever reason.

Those are pretty cool stories about wolves, thanks for sharing. Also, that bill doesn't reintroduce wolves, it simply said that the state needs a plan for it if it were to ever happen. It's no secret that wolves are migrating into colorado. This isn't a conspiracy, we all knew this was happening years ago.

As a matter of fact both wolves and grizzlies are coming back and everyone and their mothers knows about it. With this knowledge, it's mind blowing the state didn't have a reintroduction plan already in place and it's a failure that the people had to vote for one to be made. Shows how cpw lacks initiative to be up to date with the times.

I don't like the idea of trekking around the woods with wolves. And I pray a part of the strategy is hunter management. But ranchers grazing public lands has a negative impact on hunting too, at least wolves are wild and add to the story. As oppose to a thousand sheep shitting everywhere, and a cowboys horse tearing apart your camp (happened to me in the flat tops, complete shit show).

In a nut shell, we need not get our panties in a bunch. It's happening no matter what.

Those are pretty cool stories about wolves, thanks for sharing. Also, that bill doesn't reintroduce wolves, it simply said that the state needs a plan for it if it were to ever happen. It's no secret that wolves are migrating into colorado. This isn't a conspiracy, we all knew this was happening years ago.

As a matter of fact both wolves and grizzlies are coming back and everyone and their mothers knows about it. With this knowledge, it's mind blowing the state didn't have a reintroduction plan already in place and it's a failure that the people had to vote for one to be made. Shows how cpw lacks initiative to be up to date with the times.

I don't like the idea of trekking around the woods with wolves. And I pray a part of the strategy is hunter management. But ranchers grazing public lands has a negative impact on hunting too, at least wolves are wild and add to the story. As oppose to a thousand sheep shitting everywhere, and a cowboys horse tearing apart your camp (happened to me in the flat tops, complete shit show).

In a nut shell, we need not get our panties in a bunch. It's happening no matter what.

I guess I won’t argue since you live in Colorado and I don’t but everything I read said they voted to bring IN wolves. Not just let it happen ,which like you said , it is happening regardless. My concern would be for Colorado to be able to manage wolves given a bunch of people voted to bring in more when they are already there . Not a good indicator of future wolf management.

Randy said it best...

"hm-huh, Well, I almost want to go to Colorado and start saying, 'Hey! Someone read this because you guys are headed down a path here' --- I feel like they're in the Titanic and that everyone knows the iceberg's there..."

I guess I won’t argue since you live in Colorado and I don’t but everything I read said they voted to bring IN wolves. Not just let it happen ,which like you said , it is happening regardless. My concern would be for Colorado to be able to manage wolves given a bunch of people voted to bring in more when they are already there . Not a good indicator of future wolf management.
I read the bill in its entirety. It requires CPW to have a plan within a certain time frame and reallocates funds to have the plan based on research. It's a money thing at the end of the day which is why it needed a vote. It is NOT reintroduction bill in terms of capturing wolves and releasing them in Colorado.

I read the bill in its entirety. It requires CPW to have a plan within a certain time frame and reallocates funds to have the plan based on research. It's a money thing at the end of the day which is why it needed a vote. It is NOT reintroduction bill in terms of capturing wolves and releasing them in Colorado.

Thanks 👍 good to know that’s WAY better than the headlines and news articles I read. Good news

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back