Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Elk Pictures w/ Score

Deductions and general lack of antler kept this beauty out of the book. He was a 6 point (eastern count). He may hold the record for absorbing the most foot pounds of energy within a half second though. My son and I accidently both shot the same elk at 75 yards with 300 RUMs. There were 4 bulls there in the timber and we left with one.

1707322348001.jpeg

I'd love to shish-kabob a P&Y Spike.
Called one in once that is guess had spikes pushing 40-45 inches. They had curve to them and he looked like a raghorn from the front but when he turned his head they were just clean spikes. I wanted to shoot him badly but the cow with him refused to move out of the way

I got him at:
M1=3.5
M2=3.25
M3=3
M4=2.5
Mb1=15
Mb2=14
IS=12
Left=27.25
Right=26.25
Gross=65-4/8”
Net=64-4/8”

Close?
The mass measurements calc’d like a pronghorn? Idk if I wanna find a tape big enough for him would hate to over sell such a good angled photo.

The mass measurements calc’d like a pronghorn? Idk if I wanna find a tape big enough for him would hate to over sell such a good angled photo.
I think so. That’s always been my understanding. Maybe one of the b&c measurers will weigh in @antlerradar @BOHNTR if not I am way off! Haha

I sort of envy you guys. I always put in for cow tags to fill the freezer and have never shot a bull! Come to think of it I seldom saw bull's at all.

I think so. That’s always been my understanding. Maybe one of the b&c measurers will weigh in @antlerradar @BOHNTR if not I am way off! Haha
I don't think that the proper way to measure mass measurements on a spike have ever been a pressing topic for the records committee. I could make an argument for dividing the antler in quarters and taking a measurement at the base, first, second and third quarters. However on a three point whitetail you measure the MB from the G2 to the tip and take both the H3 and H4 measurements at the half way point so I could also see taking all four measurements at the half way point on the MB. One of my best friends just got on the B&C records committee. I will ask him to bring it up at the next meeting, something tells me he is going to blow me off when the time comes.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back