Elk Pictures w/ Score

Deductions and general lack of antler kept this beauty out of the book. He was a 6 point (eastern count). He may hold the record for absorbing the most foot pounds of energy within a half second though. My son and I accidently both shot the same elk at 75 yards with 300 RUMs. There were 4 bulls there in the timber and we left with one.

1707322348001.jpeg

I'd love to shish-kabob a P&Y Spike.
Called one in once that is guess had spikes pushing 40-45 inches. They had curve to them and he looked like a raghorn from the front but when he turned his head they were just clean spikes. I wanted to shoot him badly but the cow with him refused to move out of the way

I got him at:
M1=3.5
M2=3.25
M3=3
M4=2.5
Mb1=15
Mb2=14
IS=12
Left=27.25
Right=26.25
Gross=65-4/8”
Net=64-4/8”

Close?
The mass measurements calc’d like a pronghorn? Idk if I wanna find a tape big enough for him would hate to over sell such a good angled photo.

The mass measurements calc’d like a pronghorn? Idk if I wanna find a tape big enough for him would hate to over sell such a good angled photo.
I think so. That’s always been my understanding. Maybe one of the b&c measurers will weigh in @antlerradar @BOHNTR if not I am way off! Haha

I sort of envy you guys. I always put in for cow tags to fill the freezer and have never shot a bull! Come to think of it I seldom saw bull's at all.

I think so. That’s always been my understanding. Maybe one of the b&c measurers will weigh in @antlerradar @BOHNTR if not I am way off! Haha
I don't think that the proper way to measure mass measurements on a spike have ever been a pressing topic for the records committee. I could make an argument for dividing the antler in quarters and taking a measurement at the base, first, second and third quarters. However on a three point whitetail you measure the MB from the G2 to the tip and take both the H3 and H4 measurements at the half way point so I could also see taking all four measurements at the half way point on the MB. One of my best friends just got on the B&C records committee. I will ask him to bring it up at the next meeting, something tells me he is going to blow me off when the time comes.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back