Elk Photos

mhungerford,

That's a great bull. I would take one like that this year with no complaints!

Then every once in a while reality is even better than fantasy.

I remember several years ago getting a phone call from my buddy Brian from Montana...seems he'd arrowed a "real nice bull, I'm guessing around 320".

I thought that was pretty cool, as an honest 320 bull is a great bull with a bow.

I was floored when I got the pictures in an email...good grief, I sure wish I could find "about a 320 bull" like that. I mean he does have rather short mains, but his 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's, and 5's arent bad...of course if it had some mass that would help. The split 2 doesnt suck either.

BTW, officially scored 372 gross and 360 and change net...not bad for a 320 bull.

brianselk.bmp.jpg

13, 14 people!?!?!
Good lord. I couldn't even find someone to hold the camera for me this year, so my bull has zero people in the pictures.

Great looking elk Captain, what state are you out of?

my friend matt ( not the friend with the magic tape):Dfound this bull dead when he was on his sheep hunt in northern wyoming last year..not sure of the score anyone got a good guess.

Attachments

• matts elk.jpg
    matts elk.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 345
mhungerford, I like that bottom picture. makes it look like "whoops I shot two" with that beam sticking up behind the shrub.:D

That's my older brother taking a reed out of his mouth. Back in our skinnier days:D Betcha can't get close on the score on those monsters. Maybe if you add up both of mine they might equal Hungerford's bull.

Last edited:
hungerford, nice bull on your first archery elk, one to be proud of...........
HOLY CHIT on that dead find for your buddy..............looking like a 380+ bull to me based on the pics. WOW, what a find.

give you guys a little different view of that bull, also in the pic is the ram that he killed on his hunt.

Attachments

• matts ram and elk.jpg
    matts ram and elk.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 538
Idaho Fun

Some kills the last few years!! lots of fun with friends and family!

Attachments

• 07 elk 012.jpg
    07 elk 012.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 524
  • 09 lvs.jpg
    09 lvs.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 494
  • brandon 08 elk 022.jpg
    brandon 08 elk 022.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 448
highmountain,

great Idaho bulls, what part of the state do you call home?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gagrimes1
Back