Elk Mount...

Moosie,

Cinch up those black leather chaps, put on a new white tank top and get that 1/2 body mount. Get what you want.

HAHA.. T-bone, You know me the best... I was hoping for more pictures though ??

Ultra, When you go down there next time Ask Mitch how he's gonig to mount my bull. I think it's called Oscar's "waterfall bull" ;)

I personally don't like the Buglig poses. Haven't seen many in person where I was like "WOW". But the bull was in full scream that morning when I was chasin' him. I wish I new were the mount would go so I could know which way to turn him.

Don't let them discourage you from your dream..... All animals should be displayed as they were in nature, floating thru the air......

WT4-12.jpg

Or just make a clock out of it.....

izd-1.jpg

Don't let them discourage you from your dream..... All animals should be displayed as they were in nature, floating thru the air......

Thats the funny part. Oak and some others think that a pedistal mount looks better and the 1/2 size looks "odd" or unnatural. I'm not sure how a neck and head sticking out the wall is more "natural" then a 1/2 size... ???

Thats one of the reasons I like the 1/2 size and full body mounts. Fortunately the critters I shoot are small enough that I can fit them in the house so far like that :D :D

Jose, as far as the dangling feet..... GAY !!!

If only the animal with the "floating in the air" pose had a red nose...one "that you could even say it glows".

Moosie, I'm with T-bone...get the pose you want. After all I don't think you are the type of guy that wants a pose someone else has already used. You are unique. ;)

Can someone explain how a Shouldermount coming out of the wall if more natural then a 1/2 size in habitat ?

Can someone explain how a Shouldermount coming out of the wall if more natural then a 1/2 size in habitat ?

I can't. I don't think either one is "natural". Here's what I said:

There is no logic involved, just a personal preference.

Really, I think you should go for it if that's what you want. Looking forward to seeing the result, because I'm sure you won't scrimp on paying for the details.

Along with the Aspens and it coming out of the corner, how about employing some other game? For instance, have the bulls head down or a hoof up, fending off a bobcat or coyote.

Ok here is an idea. Ignore my poor attempt at getting rid of the ass end... Also I know you said you don't like a bugling pose but this is just cool! Like what was said earlier I think you have to hide the back part in apsens or some type of folege, Also mabey a small aspen in the fore ground along with some other folage like in the picture. The creek idea sounds cool but I honestly think its just too much and will in the end make for a poor mount. In the end its what you like though. I know weak attempt but here it is anyway.

Attachments

• ELK-IN-ASPEN.jpg
    ELK-IN-ASPEN.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 241
Dude..... Half mounts are just gay. If you want one, get one.

The reason a shoulder mount is more natural to most, is because that is the most common type of mount you see.

The only way I think a half mount of an elk would look good, is if you had 2 different elk in half mounts and had them mounted so they were locked in a fight. Now that would be sweet. Other than that, half mounts are still gay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back