Elk Mount...

Moosie

Grand poopa
So, I'm using Imperial Taxidermy to mount my Utah Elk. He said he's been ready for my but I don't have a pose yet for it. Any Ideas ? Please post pictures if you do. Anyone thats seen my mounts knows I like real, lifelike, nicer mounts.

This mount my Idea Is to have a 1/2 body coming out of the wall and have a creek with a running pump with water cascading down from the Left side to the Right side. I want an Aspen tree (or 2) in the mount becasue he was in aspen trees. When IDB and me were looking for it Briowtine was on his spotter telling us it was down next to 2 aspen trees. I'm still laughing at those directions :)

Anyways, Any picture of Idea would be great and helpfull.

Can't say I've ever seen a half body mount on an Elk...usually see em' with Goats or Bear. I'd be really skeptical about getting that creative. For the price you would pay it'd have to be exactly the way I would want it. I'm kinda of partial to the Pedestal mounts myself.

But hey....if they can do it to this guy then I'm sure they can do it to an Elk. :)

0072_-_small_elephant.jpg

Oak, thanx for the Link, But...... I'm going to try the 1/2 body. I've been googling and haven't seen anyone with a 1/2 size elk... ??? I'm sure I'm not the only different thinker ??? Is the Idea that gay ?

I'm pretty sure you haven't seen it because the idea is gay. Never stopped you before, though. ;)

Seriously, if you want to do it, go for it. I've just never liked half-body mounts (detest them). If I had the room, I'd just do a really nice pedestal mount. If space isn't an issue, you could do something really cool, that wouldn't look gay. ;)

I can't remember seeing a half body elk either. If originality goes into your thinking then have at it. With an Elk being as big as they are though, I would venture to say that you are going to take up a lot of space with that thing(kind of stating the obvious).

After re-thinking it, you could make a half-body mount look ok with a lot of habitat (aspen trees). You might consider a corner piece, with the elk coming out of the corner and into the room, with trees on both sides so that you can't see the back very well. I just don't like the mounts where the animal looks like it's sticking halfway out of the wall and standing on a little rock ledge. Gay...

I was thinking about mounting the WYo elk..... But he's just a "little" guy... But I might think of something. HUMmmmm.

2 elk and Pink Slippers. Now we're talking a nice mount !!!!

SO oak... you don't like my tahr mount ?

Why do you have to make it personal? :D

I'm not fond of that style of mount, no. That's the type I I was talking about. For some reason, I just like them better either as a shoulder mount or a lifesize. There is no logic involved, just a personal preference. Heck, who cares what I think? Go with whatever you like.

I think you should do a hero shot reproduction complete with wax creations of yourself in pink slippers sitting atop a full body mount elk, with Browtine and Bugler somehow involved as well. What could they be doing . . .

OAk, I jut asked if you liked it or not.. I didn't say that I cared. Don't mix up with me asking a question with me caring what you feel. I'm not like that :D :D

We could do a lifesize picture of Us behind the elk in the tree's... HUMMMmm All "good" idea's....:rolleyes:

You say 1/2 body mount BUT is that the front half or back half??? I have heard gay guys prefer the ass end.:D:D Seriously, though I think it sounds pretty cool.

I've got to go with Oak. I've seen very few half mounts I really cared much for. They just seem odd to me. A pedestal is not going to take up any more room and give you just as many options for habitat, without a pair of front legs.

I've got to go with Oak. I've seen very few half mounts I really cared much for. They just seem odd to me.

then I will make sure they do a RRReeealy reallly good job thn not to upset you or Oak... Buth this topic isn't about if I should do a 1/2 body or pedistal, It's about idea's for the half body I'm going to do and Idea's or pictures for it.... :D :D

I gave you my idea.
You might consider a corner piece, with the elk coming out of the corner and into the room, with trees on both sides so that you can't see the back very well.

There are no pictures, because nobody mounts their elk in that gay pose! Check out this deer. I'd put your elk in a corner, with his missing butt back in the corner where you can't see it. Then put aspen trees, like what were used in the deer link I posted above, on both sides of him where the grass is in this picture. That way it looks like he's walking out of the trees and hides his gay, missing butt. You could even have his head down and tipped to the side, rubbing on one of the aspen trees.

mam5-wtdeer.jpg

I agree with Oak, do the pedestal.
Ashers dad beat me to the comment.
If you'r gonna do the half mount, do you do the front, or the half where you shot it ?
You could skip the half and do the whole body mount ! Great for the office.

Do the half mount in the aspens with a hard right or left turn like he's looking back screaming.. Seen one in the Utah Cabelas like that I that but don't think it was the 1/2 mount now that I think about it. The hard turn sure looked good though.

Not a 1/2 body mount but Mitch mounted this bull for me a couple years ago. He has also done a moose for me and I should be picking up a buck from him next week. He is also mounting my bear lifesize. I think he has done a good job I'm sure youre half body mount will be cool to. I think it would look cool if your bull was kind of trotting with his head cocked one horn down, and bugling as if he was running through a thicket and bugling at the same time. any way here are the pics of the bull they did for me.

ElkandMooseMounts003.jpg

ElkandMooseMounts006.jpg

ElkandMooseMounts007.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dfair2798
Back