Caribou Gear Tarp

Elk mount... Fin'ito !!!

Moosie

Grand poopa
Well folks.... It finally came to life. I had all the leading up pictures to it but this post will jsut have the final product.

My Elk will be on Display at Cabela's this weekend. There is a Skinning seminar (Not sure what time yet) but the elk will be in that area.

The Idea was a long one in proccess but I likethe final product. The Water cascading down through the rocks looks and sounds cool. When I get my "Man's Room" build it will be a good addition. Nothing like sitting next to a magnificent critter listening to the sounds of nature and the water.

The only thing left on it is it will have a Chipmonk (And no I didn't shoot it, I know how paticular you guys are at only mounting and displaying things you shot, sorry.. *wink*). the Chipmonk will be on the Wood coming out of the right side of the mount looking at it.

Front view :

1front.jpg

Left side :

2left.jpg

Right side:

3rt.jpg

Dirt habitat base :

4leg.jpg

Zoomed in a little more :

5leg_212078.jpg

Here is the top of the mount. The top rock is a separate piece right now because the mount is movable for shows, ets.

6rock_491613.jpg

This is where the water drains into. It is in a coustom welded pan underneath and has a pump to get the water to the top of the mount. It comes out and runs downthrough the crack and the rocks, etc. Instead of "pooling" at the bottom, it goes through he plant and hits a drain to start over again. The removable piece I'm holding is so I can tell the waterlevel and know when to add water.

7drain_704342.jpg

8drain_358761.jpg

Anyways, thats the Final Product. You can go down to Cabelas this weekend and see it. After that I'm not sure where it's going..... I don't have any room for it yet. that being said, I have an Idea I'm working on ;)

Next mount, probably my Alaska Brown Bear. I have some Idea's..... but it's still in the "Thinking out" stage and "I'm broke" stage :eek:.

Looks good; much, much better than the mount I had in my mind when you first described it to us. Going to take a serious amount of room to display it thats for sure. Does the rock feature actually touch the bull on his side? Any chance of water splashing onto the bull?

Any chance of water splashing onto the bull?

0% chance. Rocks were added and it was built up till the splaching started. The first run was W-E-T !!! :) We put cardboard outside of the mount to see the splashing. When it was all done and adjusted, it was run all night and no splashing happened.

The Rock does touch the Elk. We tried to make it seem or look like it's coming around the rock to cross in front of the stream. Only goin t oa 1/2 body size elk made it a little tough but I don't think it came out too bad. the rock wraps a little upder him so it's not 100% natural coming around it but it made it look as a better border I think. I think I'll keep it ;)

Looks good; much, much better than the mount I had in my mind when you first described it to us. Going to take a serious amount of room to display it thats for sure.

Yah, It's by far the biggest mount I have. I have the 1/2 body thar and the full bea rhigh up on the wall so it's not to intrusive. It will take up the most room...... Well, Untill my next bear mount, I'm working on some Idea's...BUUUahahahaha !!! :D

Looks like you totally adressed the concern I had with the water wrecking the mount then. I'd say its a keeper as well, again way better than I envisioned.

Yah, It's by far the biggest mount I have. I have the 1/2 body thar and the full bea rhigh up on the wall so it's not to intrusive. It will take up the most room...... Well, Untill my next bear mount, I'm working on some Idea's...BUUUahahahaha !!! :D

Until the geeeraffe is done!!!!:D:D:D

Looks good, they did a great job on it.

I just want to know who the Dumb Fugg was that thot a bear lyiing on its' back would be a good looking mount. That bear in the background looks stupid.

Dude that turned out great. Congrats again and can't wait to see the finished product. I'll probably head down and see it.

Mounts

RidgeRunner, what do you mean he's going to need another house for all of his stuff. Have you seen the pictures of the stuff he's mounted (I mean had mounted) :D. He already needs another place. And I know just the guy to find it for him too :D:D:D.

Picture this. How large is the place going to have to be to put a giraffee. I think we are talking GIANT size here.

Cool mount Oscar. Worth every $$. Tell Vickie I said that too!!

~ AO

Very original, Looks great....Gotta love it when a plan comes together and turns out like that.

Jose, that bear is set like that so they can finish the stitching. It's not going to stay that way, looks like a standing mount. I hope you were joking.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleyhunter456
Back