Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

Harvested this cow today on a private land shoulder season hunt. This was my first time hunting on a day where the highs were in the 100s. There is seldom a timber patch in zone I'm alloted to hunt. Luckily I had an opportunity early in the day and I got the meat hauled out before temps got high.
Time for trophy meals!

Thank you. Yes - wasn't much he was missing. 342-6/8 gross. Only 7" difference left to right. "Weak" fronts left him just short of B&C...but I kept him anyway:)!
“Wow, he looks lop-sided”, said no one EVER about a 342” bull !!! 🤣
Heck of a good job !!

Here's the deal. Since the "Let's see them" pronghorn thread is one of the most viewed on this site, and most viewed by lurkers, I am thinking we should do the same with elk and show how many elk guys on this site take.

This thread will be a "sticky thread" and be at the top of the Elk Forum, from here on out. It doesn't matter when you shot it, how you shot it, or if you were just the person helping, this is the thread to post elk pictures. No need to post a long story, just a pic and a few notes about the hunt.

Be as specific or vague as you want, as far as location.

Here goes.

2005 - Missouri River Breaks rifle tag. My son's first elk. Most fun I ever had on an elk hunt. We were joined by my brother, Logdawg.

View attachment 32075

Thanks for doing this. I hope this thread becomes as popular as the pronghorn thread. I know you guys have shot a lot of elk, so post 'em up right here, even if they have previsouly been posted on another thread.
Fantastic!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back