Elk .... Let's see them!!!

Went 1 for 3 on my archery tags this year, but the one I filled was with a heck of a bull. Easily my personal best, and my first elk with a bow. 6x6 scores out at 315.5" I couldn't be happier with him. OTC tag in a wilderness area to boot!
Tough to beat that experience and photo. Congratulations

It is done. After several out of state trips getting my ass kicked with a bow, I finally got to return home without the bitter taste of defeat. I had some help from some fellow Minnesota Boys to get it done that helped us get on some elk. Man was it a trip. Fishing was good too.

Attachments

• 8B5EEBBB-5585-44CF-8878-14DF87C326E6.jpeg
    8B5EEBBB-5585-44CF-8878-14DF87C326E6.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 54
37A13290-CB24-475C-BD19-BC370ADE53A2.jpegUnit 6A south of southwest of 87 and south of 260. Shot my first elk yesterday at around 5:50pm. I shot once and (well I was shouldering the gun which I hadn’t practiced at all!) and couldn’t be sure where I shot it. It just stood there I shot again and missed. 😬 Then it walked about 3 feet and I could tell it was having trouble walking, so I shot again and hit the lungs. The elk still didn’t move. 🧐 So my husband was fumbling around for more ammo, then she just keeled over. Very strange behavior. That elk was a mess, my bad shot went through part of its abdomen, but I missed the gut, and it was just filled with blood. It was just pouring out when we opened it up. What a mess! I got some many useful tips and learned so much from all you guys. So Thank You!!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back