Yeti GOBOX Collection

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

Had a great hunt. Lots of non-hunter traffic in this unit (I mean lots). Ultimately it did not impact the hunting much. 50 yard shot dead center in the heart (absolutely no luck involved) :)

My first archery elk (first archery tag) at 51. Hopefully not my last. My days of sleeping in a tent in 20 degree weather with no heat source might be coming to an end - that was way harder on me than hiking, packing, etc. I was by myself when I killed so this is all you get for a photo.

Two years ago I was recovering from three surgeries, chemo, and radiation - I was barely able to help pack my antelope 300 yards. This year I packed all but one load of this elk by myself. It was a good feeling. It is a 6x6 - the end of the antlers are buried in the mud by the creek.

Attachments

• Russ Wyoming Elk 2021 As it Lays.jpg
    Russ Wyoming Elk 2021 As it Lays.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 159
Had a great hunt. Lots of non-hunter traffic in this unit (I mean lots). Ultimately it did not impact the hunting much. 50 yard shot dead center in the heart (absolutely no luck involved) :)

My first archery elk (first archery tag) at 51. Hopefully not my last. My days of sleeping in a tent in 20 degree weather with no heat source might be coming to an end - that was way harder on me than hiking, packing, etc. I was by myself when I killed so this is all you get for a photo.

Two years ago I was recovering from three surgeries, chemo, and radiation - I was barely able to help pack my antelope 300 yards. This year I packed all but one load of this elk by myself. It was a good feeling. It is a 6x6 - the end of the antlers are buried in the mud by the creek.
I like that photo a lot. Congrats!

Well I can’t draw a Nebraska bull tag but my wife’s family can. My wife’s uncle killed this bull the first morning we hunted. I let 1 cow call out and he came in from 400 yards and almost ran us over. Corn fed elk are almost cheating, but I’ll take an easy one now and then.

Attachments

• 66A827ED-8B92-4CEA-95C2-31523067F2E7.jpeg
    66A827ED-8B92-4CEA-95C2-31523067F2E7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Montana Archery Elk 2021
This is the first elk I have ever killed, and to do it with a bow was super special. Taken on Oct 2 at 7 pm after a short "cow/calf party" calling session after we set up in the general area where we heard him spout off with a couple of light chuckles. Shot at 25 yards and died 50 yards from my shooting position, watched him expire. The last picture is following the final meat packing trip with my father on the right (Tim Koeshall) and close family friend (Dave Viets with Blitz the German Shephard).
FE541537-940A-4A9B-B5DC-1C82339B6631.jpgIMG_0817.JPGIMG_0811.jpegIMG_0827.JPG

Montana Archery Elk 2021
This is the first elk I have ever killed, and to do it with a bow was super special. Taken on Oct 2 at 7 pm after a short "cow/calf party" calling session after we set up in the general area where we heard him spout off with a couple of light chuckles. Shot at 25 yards and died 50 yards from my shooting position, watched him expire. The last picture is following the final meat packing trip with my father on the right (Tim Koeshall) and close family friend (Dave Viets with Blitz the German Shephard).
Congrats to you man! nothing better than watching an elk go down within sight with the bow.
That last photo of all you guys & the Shepard would make a fella think twice about crossing you guys the wrong way, reminds me of some of the old Vietnam patrol photos we see from back in the day, just awesome! haha

View attachment 196822
Had a successful cow elk hunt. However, this big bruin decided to help himself to a rear quarter hanging in a tree while I packed out the first load. Was REALLY wishing bear season was open!
Damn, I've only seen one bear in the wild so I've got no experience judging them, buy that looks like a big ass bear.

Went 1 for 3 on my archery tags this year, but the one I filled was with a heck of a bull. Easily my personal best, and my first elk with a bow. 6x6 scores out at 315.5" I couldn't be happier with him. OTC tag in a wilderness area to boot!
Congrats! Awesome bull. Great job! Heck of an accomplishment!

Back