Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Elk .... Let's see them!!!

Spent my 20 Oregon elk points for a Mt. Emily tag. Wolves have made a huge impact on the elk population and bugling. I was here 4 weeks and only had serious bugling 4 days. 90% of the bow hunters with this tag will leave with it in their pocket. I was one of the lucky 10%. Not high scoring but lots of mass.

Attachments

• Oregon Elk.jpeg
    Oregon Elk.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Spent my 20 Oregon elk points for a Mt. Emily tag. Wolves have made a huge impact on the elk population and bugling. I was here 4 weeks and only had serious bugling 4 days. 95% of the bow hunters with this tag will leave with it in their pocket. I was one of the lucky 5%. Not high scoring but lots of mass.

Awesome Oregon elk! I’m hoping to hunt somewhere on the east side next year.

82D9EC63-86F9-4E14-9497-5F884738132C.jpeg
After calling this bull in a couple times I watched him and another bigger 300 ish bull bed. Snuck in to 12 yards, but I couldn’t tell which one was the bigger bull through the pines. I only had a clear shot at this bulls vitals so I took the gamble. Turned out to be the smaller bull but it was super cool to stalk in on them and despite calling in hundreds of bulls over the last few years for buddies this was my first archery bull.

Last edited:
View attachment 115495
After calling this bull in a couple times I watched him and another bigger 300 ish bull bed. Snuck in to 12 yards, but I couldn’t tell which one was the bigger bull through the pines. I only had a clear shot at this bulls vitals so I took the gamble. Turned out to be the smaller bull but it was super cool to stalk in on them and despite calling in hundreds of bulls over the last few years for buddies this was my first archery bull.

Nothing to be ashamed of there! Beauty!

Last day AZ bull.

DSC-0048.jpg

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back