Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Elk in Unit 40, Idaho

BUGLELK

Hey all! I've been a lurker for a while now, finally decided it was time to join in...

Does anyone have any advice on where to find big bulls down in the Owyhees around the first part of September?

Thanks,
Corey

Welcome aboard and if you want advise, just go into the SI section and say some thing, you will get plenty of advise...

Glad you've stepped over to this side of the fence.. :D

Welcome to Moosie's - since he lives in the Boise area (Nampa), I'm sure he'll chime in with some advice. He only shoots spikes, though. ;)

shoulder.jpg

But sometimes he has to settle for what is available...

2002moosie.jpg

BugleElk,

Did you draw the tag through the regular draw or did you get it through the lottery tag draw?

IB,

I didn't actually draw the tag, I have a good friend who drew it through the supertag lottery. I am familiar with the unit but I also know how much those elk move around out there, so if anyone has any areas they have consistantly seen elk and wouldn't mind sharing info, it would be much appreciated. My e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks,
Corey

Personally I would pay to fly the unit and get them located and look over what bulls are in there, several yrs back there was a rumored 400+ class bull in there but a guy I know flew it and thought 380 max, freind of mine killed a 338 bull down there 4-5 yrs ago. They do drift around alot, in out of or public/private. You might contact a few of the outfitters down that way.

You might also contact Pat Stanford down there in Jordan Valley, hes one of the guys that got busted for poaching all the elk down there 4-5 yrs ago or so, I bet you he would know right were to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back