Elk hunting, Safari Sling?

huntfishcamp

Anyone used a safari sling before? I bought one after reading great reviews, and tried to use it with a backpack last year and maybe it was me but it wasnt going to happen. Aside from that having your barrel pointing straight ahead seemed like inviting disaster, but I like the concept of having your gun at the ready, just cant figure the thing out with a backpack. Any advice?

Take a look at the Kifaru gunbearer. I just got one and it looks like its going to work great.

Thanks, the packaging says "works great with backpacks", thanks Ill have to check that sling out...

That Kifaru gunbearer does look like the ticket when using a backpack, which will be glued to my back for 9 days, anyone else use this or any other sling they?

That Kifaru gunbearer does look like the ticket when using a backpack, which will be glued to my back for 9 days, anyone else use this or any other sling they?

I and my 2 sons have used the gunbearer for years, works really well with just a pack. The shortcoming on it is when you have a heavy load of meat on your pack it is not as comfortable. I have found nothing better.

If you do decide to order one I would suggest ordering a couple of extra shoulder straps that hold the barrel with your purchase. Each of us have worn at least a couple out as the thread weakens with time and use. I carry an extra strap in the bottom of my pack because after using it everything else is just clumsy with a pack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yz125braz
Back