Elk Hunting Partner needed

Yep.

Good luck to you Kevin - I think it is awesome you still want to get after it. Cant say I wish I was 60 and retired and would nod to be your partner.>>> Have too many fun years to go here with my kids :) I do know good hunting partners seem to be like great hunting dogs.....almost one of a kind.
----
I met some the of greatest guys 20 years ago = on the mountain. Bucky and Vern. We keep in touch throughout the year, buy each other xmas gifts, they bring cheese from their farms for elk opener, we dine at night and we use each others horses if need be.
You may meet that kind of kid/guy like me where you go on your next hunt, and yer all set. This online #findmeahuntingpartner and tell me your gps coordinates and hunting location crapola is for the birds, but its the lifestyle.

Happy hunting and happy hunting for a great partner.

Yep, good hunting partners are hard to come by, that is why I am starting to look for one early. So that I have time to meet some people, and get to know them.
I know some people seem to just want to pick your brain for hunting areas, but I wont play that game, I hunt by Ennis, MT, that is about as much information I will give out, till I meet the right person.

Kevin

Yes, good luck to you. Truly hope things work out for you.
Myself, celebrating my double 6 today. Luckily we have brought up another generation to hunt with and pick me (and Montanaborn) up when I fall. Besides, the young guys give us things to chuckle about. You don't learn if you don't try, but sure is hard to convince them sometimes on decision making.

Yep, I have made 5 or 6 trips alone over the years, and going for 2 weeks like I do, it isn't the safest thing I have done. being 16-1700 miles from home.
it isn't like living someplace, and going hunt by yourself for a day.
And like you, hunting with someone, and the stories back at camp at night, are half the fun of the hunt. IMHO.

Kevin
You got me beat on age Kevin but not distance, i will be 4500 miles from home and on a different continent this October and chasing Elk in Montana, my wife doesn't want me to go back this year, but i am going, and hopefully meeting up with a couple of guys on this forum.
Good luck on your hunt and i hope you find a hunting partner.
Cheers
Richard

Back