Caribou Gear

Elk Hunting Partner needed

Yep

These things read like a creepy singles section. Good luck on picking the right man :D

Just kidding. I've hunted with a few people I met on this site and plan to hunt with another this September.

Yep, and you can see from some of the replies that I have got, there are some real know it all jerks out there.
the thread doesn't pertain to them in any way shape or form, but they have to butt in and try to cause trouble.

I have meet some real nice guys on the local Michigan forum, but I thought that maybe here I would find people more interested in Elk hunting. but yet still close to or in MI.

But, I would never hunt with anyone, before meeting them, and getting to know them.

Kevin

Yep, and you can see from some of the replies that I have got, there are some real know it all jerks out there.
the thread doesn't pertain to them in any way shape or form, but they have to butt in and try to cause trouble.

I have meet some real nice guys on the local Michigan forum, but I thought that maybe here I would find people more interested in Elk hunting. but yet still close to or in MI.

But, I would never hunt with anyone, before meeting them, and getting to know them.

Kevin

I've had nothing but positive experiences with folks on this site. I've been on 4 hunts with 3 different people I've met here. If it weren't for this site I'd probably still be trying to figure out how to go west and hunt.

And honestly, aside from hunting locally alone, I would never go 1800 miles one way to hunt an unfamiliar area by myself for a week. I enjoy hanging with others at camp whether it's by the truck at base camp or spiked out 5 miles away on my back.

I must be one of those 'know it all jerks'. Sorry, but I responded to your taunting, so don't whine. Besides, I've helped more people on this forum than I have given crap to, so your feelings don't really concern me. Now, I'm done with you and will continue on my merry way, being who and what I am, and helping those that I can help. Have a nice life. I've met and hunted with several guys from this forum, and I'm pretty damned cool :D

A guy posts up about looking for a hunting partner and a bunch of d-bags jump his case about his wife not wanting him to hunt alone. Gotta love it...

Yep

I've had nothing but positive experiences with folks on this site. I've been on 4 hunts with 3 different people I've met here. If it weren't for this site I'd probably still be trying to figure out how to go west and hunt.

And honestly, aside from hunting locally alone, I would never go 1800 miles one way to hunt an unfamiliar area by myself for a week. I enjoy hanging with others at camp whether it's by the truck at base camp or spiked out 5 miles away on my back.

Yep, I have made 5 or 6 trips alone over the years, and going for 2 weeks like I do, it isn't the safest thing I have done. being 16-1700 miles from home.
it isn't like living someplace, and going hunt by yourself for a day.
And like you, hunting with someone, and the stories back at camp at night, are half the fun of the hunt. IMHO.

Kevin

Yep

I got a delorme inReach satellite thingy and my old lady got cool about me hunting alone

Yep, but john. I will be 62 next month, and I go 1700 miles from home.
if I am hunting near home, hunting alone is fine.
but with my age, and being that far from home, she prefers I have a partner.
believe me, I am going with or without one, but I try to keep my Wife happy, it makes life at home a lot better.

Kevin

My fiancé doesn't care where I go or how far. I'm not sure if she loves me and supports my hunting, or if she just wants me out of the house for a while :D Have you considered Colorado as a destination? Have you thought about chasing antelope? I may be a jerk, but I can put you on antelope :D

Last edited:
Yep

My fiancé doesn't care where I go or how far. I'm not sure if she loves me and supports my hunting, or if she just wants me out of the house for a while :D Have you considered Colorado as a destination?

My Wife totally supports my hunting, she knows that I am going Elk every year, the only questions she ever asks me when I am going, with who, and what State.

And yes, I use to hunt Colorado, but the last 5 years I have been hunting Montana.
I have never had much interest in Speed Goats.

Your not a jerk, I think that you may have just miss understood what I was trying to say.

Kevin

Last edited:
Hey Kevin! I'm not very far from you over here in Allegan. I can't help you on the trip to Montana that you're talking about since I go out to Wyoming every year. However, I have a place up near Kalkaska on 20 acres with access to about 500 acres for deer season and I'm about the only one hunting there. If you'd care to think about going up, maybe we can meet one of these days and discuss it over lunch or something. I'm by myself up there and my DD pointer just died on Monday, so I don't even have him for company now. PM me if you might be interested in going up, as I'll be out in Wyoming for 6 weeks this year and then will be back here to go up to my place for the full two week season the last half of November.

Please read carefully.

My regular hunting partner is retiring, and it sounds like he won't be making anymore trips out west with me after 2015.

I really don't have any friends interested or can afford to make yearly trips out west, So I thought that I would give this a try.

I am 61 years old, and my Wife says that I am to old to make anymore trips alone.
I have been going out west on and off sense 1986 and figure that I have 10 years left yet that I can still Elk hunt.

I live in the Kalamazoo, MI area, and would like to find someone interested in yearly DIY Elk hunts with me. It would be a Rifle hunt, I usually go the last 2 weeks of October.

The last 5 years I have hunted SW MT. and will probably continue to hunt there.

I have all the camping gear, and it is all first class.
The 2 week trip usually cost about $1800.00 each, that includes pretty much everything, license, gas, food in camp and a motel each way on the trip.

Ideally someone from Michigan or a near by State would be ideal.

If you are interested, lets talk.

I do have 2 rules in my camp that are Zero tolerance.
1 - no drugs.
2 - no alcohol of any kind during hunting hours.

Kevin

Please read my original post carefully, this will be a 2 week DIY Elk hunting trip, if you don't have the vacation time to go for 2 weeks, your not what I am looking for.

Kevin

I hunted SW Montana by myself last year and have a 2014 combo tag in hand. I went solo last year with no issues, but have an open ear to anyone looking to pool resources within reasonable limits.

As it stands, I'm planning on two trips. But, don't have exact dates. So, I'm pretty flexible at this point.

I know what it's like to drive three days for a DIY by yourself. Worth every second.....

My wife might not have been with me, but she was behind me every step of the way; God Bless her. It's going to be another great season.

Good luck to you Kevin - I think it is awesome you still want to get after it. Cant say I wish I was 60 and retired and would nod to be your partner.>>> Have too many fun years to go here with my kids :) I do know good hunting partners seem to be like great hunting dogs.....almost one of a kind.
----
I met some the of greatest guys 20 years ago = on the mountain. Bucky and Vern. We keep in touch throughout the year, buy each other xmas gifts, they bring cheese from their farms for elk opener, we dine at night and we use each others horses if need be.
You may meet that kind of kid/guy like me where you go on your next hunt, and yer all set. This online #findmeahuntingpartner and tell me your gps coordinates and hunting location crapola is for the birds, but its the lifestyle.

Happy hunting and happy hunting for a great partner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back