Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Elk Foot Jelly

I'm going to pass. Not a hard pass, I'd try it if someone made some and wanted me too, but it doesn't tingle my curiosity enough to try to make it.

You could go to ANY 3rd world country and see people "enjoying" stuff that in most places ends up in the trash heap. I'll bet the smell while burning off the fur and hoof covering is wonderful. I'd have to take a pass on that.
Although I do enjoy a good bowl of Menudo which many people would never try once the learned what it is.

View attachment 107964
You could go to ANY 3rd world country and see people "enjoying" stuff that in most places ends up in the trash heap. I'll bet the smell while burning off the fur and hoof covering is wonderful. I'd have to take a pass on that.
Although I do enjoy a good bowl of Menudo which many people would never try once the learned what it is.

I have a friend who's grandmother makes the most amazing menudo!! I usually get a few bowls when she makes it.

My dogs love deer huffs. Gelatin. I think I would try the jelly. I like weird taste. Gr8Bwana, my favorite restaurant serves menudo for breakfast as their special. I have tried to order it and cannot. You are bigger man than me. Posole , I can eat every day and every meal. Posole is my favorite Mexican meal.

That must taste amazing, 'cause I can't imagine going through that much trouble for a gelatin sandwich.

I lived in Brazil for a few years and we would eat this stuff called mocato. It was similar, just a sweetened brick of brown gelatin. Tasted okay, smelled not so okay, and I was too first world to be able to enjoy it, knowing it was not-that-heavily-processed hooves. It looked more like hoof than jello to this Yankee.

Cushman, I will be in Augusta late September n early October. My wife is from Mexico n she makes unbelievable menudo; I’m from San Antonio n had quite a bunch in my life, my buddies son has a standing order for some wnvr I come up to Montana. If we can meet up I’d be more than happy to share some w u. Sorry, have to brag, it’s my wife!
N on the “jello” ain’t nothing wrong w a good head cheese

When the cow foot jelly is hot and brothy, it looks just like super rich elk shank stew... very appetizing IMO.

If Renella did a Youtube video on how to make this you all would be salivating like a pack of wild dogs and stumbling over yourselves to find last year discarded elk hooves on the mountain. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back