Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Elk Down Part II

Way To Go Elkhunter :D :D
I thought you were still at home resting .
That's a great bull,my leg's and back were starting to twitch just thinking of all the work you had ahead of you.
Good picture's .

:cool: :cool:

I like the picture with you leaning over and the picture with the hat on the gun and the horse in the background. Pretty neat hunt! Congratulations!

Right on EH!:D! Nice Bull & story. It's good to hear that even the pros have to work for it once in a while. Have you seen the hair of a wolf out there yet?? (or is that a stupid question, as I'd be lookin' at dead wolf pics ;)) Got any more pics of the country - looks mighty nice...

AWESOME PHOTOS!

Glad to see that the BIG BORE
is a virgin NO MORE!

I really enjoyed hearing about your hunt!

Was the pack out really that bad?
It looks pretty flat there.........Of course i'm saying this as I sit at 18' elevation!
:eek: (hey Moosie, I just winked when I posted that)
Way ta Go Elkhunter!

JB, above where the elk is, it gets steeper. It is an old burn area from the 1988 fires and the ground is riddled with deadfall. This makes it difficult to get the horse through, especially when he has a full load on his back. In a straigh line it would be about 1/2 mile to the trail, instead it was more like a mile. To start out, we had to go down hill to get around the deadfall then back up. So the pack for me wasn't that bad except for all the heavy clothes I had from the ride in at 5:00 when it was 15 degrees. By the time we hit the trail it was nearly 60. Ask my horse if it was a bad pack and I think he would say yes

mtnboy, I have plenty of pictures from around here. Click Here Only saw the tracks ;)

I know this is late...But Way to go buddy..Congrats on the great animal. and thanks for the pics!!! :D :D :D

Nice bull, beautiful horse. My uncle used to bring his twin hunting to our camp for 15 yrs. He had to retire ol "Sonny" as the old fellow just got to where he couldn't see a thing. Daylight or dark

Back