Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Elk cartridge

sluggo6850

I drew my first elk tag this year, so i'm trying to figure out what my best options are for a cartridge. I have a Tika .270 wsm. I have been looking on line and there don't seem to be very many options out there. If anyone has any experience with this caliber I would appreciate your opinions. Thanks in advance!

A tough, heavy-for-caliber bullet in a 270 WSM is perfect elk medicine! Something in the 140-150 gr. range Barnes TSX, Nosler Partition, Nosler Accubond, Federal TBT would all be good choices.

I have one and its awseome. While its not my first choice for elk anymore it will serve you very well. Mine shoots less than 1/2 groups with Accubond 140gr

In the 270 wsm, I have personal experience with Hornady 150 Interbonds, and 150 Interlocs. Zero issues with either.

No experience, but it should be a superb elk cartridge. I'd probably start with Barnes ammo as I'm a fan of all copper bullets. The 150 grain nosler partition will put any elk on the deck with a proper shot.

Check out Midwayusa, they have a bunch of choices listed for 270wsm. I've used 150 gr Winchester XP3's for years, unfortunately they don't make em anymore. Down to the last few boxes then I'll have to pick a new load.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have been leaning toward the accubonds, but there are some other good choices mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back