Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Elk calls

old man

Never used elk calls before. looking for suggestions on calls for a first time user. have plenty of time to practice. hopefully a archery hunt in Wyo. this year.

I like the primos hyper lip single for a cow call. Real easy to use. For bugle i use bully bull extreme grunt tube and all star mouth call from link posted above from big fin.

Last edited:
I like my primos hyper lip single for cow calling. Also carry a couple Carlton cow calls. Still using my trusty old Abe and Sons bugle. It's not the easiest on the market

Last edited:
If you are a podcast listener, the Gritty Bowmen just released a short podcast talking about this exact thing. Its called Episode 99: Phelps' Elk Nuggets # 1.

I just got an external from Cory Jacobson and really like it. To me it is much easier to use than a diaphragm. It's also easier to keep up with as you can just hang it from your neck.

Lot of different calls here,so lets be a little more specific . how many different elk calls do you carry with you?

The primos hyper lip single around my neck, hoochie mama tied on my pack that I can reach down and squeeze if needed. Mouth calls and bully bull grunt tube. Always keep a call in my mouth to stop one while drew back.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back