Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Eating Jacks

Newer AZ hunter here. Since I am new and need practice on whatever I can, whenever I'm out quail hunting (not good at this yet yet lol) I'll shoot and eat the Jack's out here. I fry it up in a pan and my dog and I will eat it. Cant wait to try slow cooking like some people previously mentioned. I am not a good judge on taste compared to other wild game since I am getting into hunting I've only had what I've bagged (quail, cottontail and jack.) Just went out an a javalina hunt Friday morning with some friends and one of them filled the tag. Should be able to try some soon!View attachment 128908
Good luck eating Javalina IMO on a list of 100 of the tastiest game animals, Javalina would be 101. :)

It's been a few years ago, a couple of friends and I we're camping on the Denali highway. Shot a few Snowshoe hares. Cleaned them, wrapped in foil along with bacon and apples, threw them in a fire. They were tender and tasty.

I thumped one with the bumper of my car one morning going to work and cooked it up that night following Hank's Sardinian Hare Stew recipe. I'd do it again but have never been in a position to shoot another and care for it properly.

Newer AZ hunter here. Since I am new and need practice on whatever I can, whenever I'm out quail hunting (not good at this yet yet lol) I'll shoot and eat the Jack's out here. I fry it up in a pan and my dog and I will eat it. Cant wait to try slow cooking like some people previously mentioned. I am not a good judge on taste compared to other wild game since I am getting into hunting I've only had what I've bagged (quail, cottontail and jack.) Just went out an a javalina hunt Friday morning with some friends and one of them filled the tag. Should be able to try some soon!View attachment 128908
Welcome to the forum. Btw there’s a gun laying to your left in the pic. It’s camo so hard to see. Hope you didn’t walk past it.

Took me a while to get good at quail hunting. Laid off the past 5 years & this year found am a bit rusty....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back