Dusted off a relic

Sweet!!!! My father in law told me a few weeks ago to look in the shed at his moms house(wife’s grandma, kids’ great grandmas) to see if his dirt bike was still there. I knew he had an old gold wing but never heard about the dirt bike. I found the frame of a 1979 Honda 500xl where he said it would be but the seat, gas tank and engine were all missing. After I went up in the loft I found it all in a corner. The engine needs a new carburetor But hopefully will be back together and going soon!

Very cool. My buddy has two of Honda Trail 90s he has not used in about 10 years.

My son is coming by my house this weekend to take my 1987 Honda Fat Cat home and get it running. I haven't started it in about 10 years and it is in great condition. Hopefully some carb work will be all it needs.

Man! A fat cat would be a dream come true.! They only made those for 2 years but they are just what the doctor ordered for these single tracks out here.

I remember riding around on one of those. I was even wishing for one again ,when I remembered crashing my off road BSA single the last time...

Ask and ye shall recieve

I was afraid people were going to find that...There goes the resale value on the originals. To be honest I would probably buy a brand new one too. Those LED headlights/turn signal kits look sharp. That digital speedometer/odometer and electric start are enough to tip things over the edge. $4,000 is a lot to pay for a 125cc bike but when you consider it has bullet proof reliability, low range transfer case, and a carrying rack for meat it’s too good of a bargain. I was on eBay and saw that there are also gun racks that attach vertically to the front for a rifle. It points barrel down and I think my rifle is a little too precious to trust to a rack like that. I will likely be slinging it across my shoulder as I ride with my pack strapped to the rack. There is way too much bumping going on to trust a rack to be gentle to my scope.

Back