Dumb Injuries

I've got the knee issue too, and wonder if that caused the Achilles's somehow.

A number of folks that I know with a fully ruptured Achilles's eventually ruptured the other. Basketball and volleyball seems to be the two main killers around here.

I've got the knee issue too, and wonder if that caused the Achilles's somehow.

A number of folks that I know with a fully ruptured Achilles's eventually ruptured the other. Basketball and volleyball seems to be the two main killers around here.

My doc said that if I didn't "rehab" my right Achilles at the same time I was doing by torn left one that for sure I would be back to see him. So every morning and evening is spent stretch, flexing and working on keeping them both healthy.

Another thing you don't want to hear your doctor say... as he is sliding a needle into my spine : "Whoops" … !!!!!!!!!

Just a couple

Attachments

• 5AD2EB3E-79E1-4387-92B8-0663A720ECDB.jpg
    5AD2EB3E-79E1-4387-92B8-0663A720ECDB.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 93
  • B3ACD594-5A25-4587-A531-57178499593D.jpg
    B3ACD594-5A25-4587-A531-57178499593D.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 92
Compound miterbox, back in 97. Took 5 surgeons 11 hours to put it back on and works pretty good. Only missed one archery season.
Second was from a 25’ tape measure this fall. Got the tendon on that one.
I’ll try to find the picture when I nailed 2 fingers together with a framing nailer a couple years ago.
All the left hand.

Last edited:
Elkhntr wins! My dumb injury was just a scratch compared to that.

As I was pulling a bight of rope attached to a mule through the window of a horse trailer, I thought to myself, “This is probably not very smart.” When the mule got into a squabble with its trailer mate, I found out that I was right. I was lucky I didn’t loose all of my fingers.

7B68A65C-61B8-4A10-B19A-54147B2EA5D3.jpg

Well that one reminds me of my BIL ............ fell off a ladder and on the way down he went to catch himself, wedding ring got caught on something and ripped the entire finger off.

Not a severe injury but almost a severed finger. Really dumb, what was I thinking. During duck season this year I found a wad of fishing line and not wanting to leave it where animals could get tangled up, I started balling it up but it was all hung up on some branches. Getting frustrated I tugged real hard on it like it was cotton thread that I was going to break......yeah right, real smart. Almost cut my pinky off. What was I thinking.

Cliff jumping used to be and still is my arch nemesis...... last major one I did had huge influencer called alcohol. Jumped... hit..... blew both knees out. Luckily still alive and able to hunt and walk. Not sure on height but i'm 99.9 percent sure it was in the 100ft mark.

I carry supper glue because its great to put cuts back together, .
when I slip again with a knife. If its an extra big cut use paper towel or toilet paper as a filler

20171011_191329.jpg20171011_191241.jpg
Remember in shop classes when they told you to take jewelry off. This is why

Been married 31 years and haven't wore a wedding band for about 2 decades because of all the injuries I've seen and heard about.

Arced battery on ATV. I now have a silicone ring, but don’t really need it, it’s permanent.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back